Search for content in message boards

O'Connells

O'Connells

Posted: 23 Jun 2001 12:39PM GMT
Classification: Immigration
Surnames: O'Connell, Curran
Margaret O'Connell Curran emigrated to USA from Cork in or about 1880 with three daughters, Anne, Bridget ( my greatgrandmother) and Mary,where they settled in the Boston MA area. It is not clear whether husband ( John or Thomas Curran) was with them. Any info on O'Connells/Currans in Cork would be appreciated.

Re: O'Connells

Liz Stone (View posts)
Posted: 3 Aug 2001 2:26PM GMT
Hi Mike

I too have Currans from Co Cork and Connollys also So I was wondering if your O'Connoll could also be Connolly ?

My Currans so far have come from Doneraile in Co Cork.
If I may sujest to you to contact the Mallow Historic
society in Cork and they have a mass of records including census and school records. I was able to go back to 1840 with my Curran line with their help.

Mallow Heritage center
27/28 Bank Place
Mallow Co. Cork Ireland

My Curran Line thus far is
William Curran b 1842 birth place unknown Married Margaret McCarthy d/o John McCarthy and Honora Connolly
All of William and Margarets children where born in Doneraile.
John 1873( my grandfather ) Patrick, 1874, Jerimiah 1876
William 1877 James 1882, Cornelius 1885 and Mary 1888

There was also another William Curran born the same criteria as mine from Doneraile at the same time as my gg grandfather was living there. That Curran Married a Mary Wrixon.

Good luck with your search

Re: O'Connells

Posted: 11 Oct 2003 8:07PM GMT
Classification: Query
Mike, could it be possible that we are cousins? The daughter Bridget that I am searching for would be my great grandmother too! Do you know if she married John O'Connell? They had six children - I can name them for you if this is correct. Please e-mail me. Junerose Kayser
per page

Find a board about a specific topic