Search for content in message boards

Grandfather

Grandfather

Laverne Golden (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jan 2001 6:43PM GMT
George Washington Jones.Born 1866. Death oct.24 1931 died oklahoma city oklahoma University hospital.My grandfather thats all
we knowabout him Wife Lenora Bell Harris
anyone have any info. on him can email me
Thanks Laverne

Re: Grandfather

Willi Dyer (View posts)
Posted: 19 Feb 2002 10:52PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: JONES/WEYMER/WEAMER-PA? to IA to KS & Beyond!
Hi, I'm looking for a brother to my Gt.Gpa named George Washington "Wash" Jones. I think he may have been born in IA, (that's where my gpa was born), came to KS for a spell, then on to either OK or TX. By chance do you have any other names, like brothers or sisters? If we can connect the family, I can help you a little bit. This Jones family has been very hard to track. Please feel free to contact me. Thanks and happy hunting!

Re: Grandfather George Washington Jones

Posted: 21 Feb 2002 6:32PM GMT
TO WILLI Dyer
Thanks for answering, will get ahold of my sister and see if she has any names.And will let you know.I dont think we have any names of his kin just where he married our grandmother and started a family.He married a Nora or Lenora Bell Harris.People in our family has tried to trace his family in the 1970 s with no luck at all.We just have a death certificate on him. It didnt tell any information on his family or
other, everything was blank.

Willi (View posts)
Posted: 21 Feb 2002 6:45PM GMT
Hi again, the only info I have on the George Washington "Wash" Jones (as of today), is that he was supposedly born about 1849/1850. I don't know if that rules out your G.W. or not. Keep in touch, just in case! Have a good one! Willi

Posted: 21 Feb 2002 7:22PM GMT
Hi
We have info.but not sure if it is correct of George Washinton
Jones Born 1866 in Mississippi?But know for sure of death 1931 in oklahoma died oct.24 1931. also have a census year
1850 Territory; VA County Mecklenberg Reel no:960 PageNo 136 of a =37 664 664 Jones George W 30 M Overseer VA.
dont know if theres any connection.thanks ,Laverne

Willi (View posts)
Posted: 21 Feb 2002 7:53PM GMT
Hi again. I just read thru what info you seem to have on your G.W. To the best of my knowledge, both of my G.W.'s folks are from PA. I'm guessing that my G.W. was born somewhere between IA & PA. Seems like I may have come across lots of Jones' from the areas you're talking about. Good success in your hunting! Thanks again, "still lookin" Willi

Posted: 21 Feb 2002 8:07PM GMT
Forgot to add we have a couple of pictures of him.He looks to be immigrant to me but possibly indian in his family.He was dark skin had a a big mastache like they wore in the western days. His sons were all darkskin and black hair.He told of having a half brother in texas maybe a lawman or ranger.
Thanks anyway Good Luck ,Laverne

Posted: 2 Mar 2008 8:56PM GMT
Surnames: Jones, Beaver, Beavers, Bowser, Penn, Machen
I have a George W. Jones married to Annie_______ they were from PA to best of my knowledge - I now have a 1910, 1920, 1930 census count information from another family member I met on roots web! YAY ROOTS!
George and Annie
children:
carrie
nettie
rosie
ethel
goldie
bessie
pressley
arthur ( my grandpa)
Am looking for any and all Jones family members!! smile

Posted: 11 Dec 2008 7:55PM GMT
Surnames: George Washington Jones in OK
Ok guys,
This is what I currently have on my George Washington Jones and his descendents:

(1) 1. George Washington "Wash" JONES - 925
————————————————————————————————————————
Birth Date: 11 Aug 1849
Birth Place: Findlay,Hancock,OH
Death Date: 8 Jan 1932
Death Place: El Reno, Canadian, OK
Burial Date: Jan 1932
Burial Place: El Reno Cem., El Reno, Canadian, OK
Military: 1889 moved to Ark City, KS
Religion: 1892 moved to El Reno, OK

Notes:
EL Reno Daily Tribune 8 Jan 1932, pg 1 El Reno, OK
~EL RENO PIONEER SUCCUMBS TODAY~
George W. Jones, 82, a pioneer business man of El Reno, and father of LeRoy Jones, local druggist, died at 6:30 Fri morning at the home of his son and Mrs. Jones, 120 S. Macomb Ave, following an illness of two years.
Mr. Jones, who came to El Reno from Kingman, KS in 1892, was born 11 Aug 1849 in Findlay, OH. For a number of years he maintained a feed store and coal yard here, but had been retired from business activities during the past 12 years.
Survivors include the son, and two brothers, T. J. Jones of Sulphur Springs, Ark, and J. D. Jones, of Penalosa, KS and a sister, Mrs. Lilly Hart, of Pueblo, CO.
Funeral services will be conducted at 2:30 Sunday afternoon at the Jones home. Rev. Holmes Nichols, retired pastor of the El Reno Baptist church, will be in charge, following which burial will be in the El Reno Cem.

Moved to Ark City, KS in 1889 from Kingman, KS then to El Reno in 1892.4
El Reno Sunday Tribune, 10 Jan 1932 pg.1
~FINAL RITES FOR PIONEER SUNDAY~
George W. Jones, 82, a Resident Since 1892
Last rites for George W. Jones, 82, a business man of the pioneer days of this city, will be held at 2:00 Sun afternoon at the home of his only son, LeRoy Jones, and Mrs. Jones, 120 S. Macomb Ave, where he died early Fri morning.
Rev Holmes Nichols, a retired pastor of the Baptist church, will be in charge. Interment will be in the El Reno cem. Mr. Jones is survived by the son, a local druggist, two brothers, T. J. Jones, of Sulphur Springs, Ark, and J. D. Jones, of Penalosa, KS and a sister, Mrs. Lilly Hart, of Pueblo, CO.
Mr. Jones had lived in El Reno since 1892 when he came here from Kingman, KS. He was proprietor of feed store and coal yard for a number of years, but had been retired during the last 12.4

-----sent from Emily Jordan, researcher, 6-21-06-----
1860 census Adams, Keokuk Co., IA:
99 Joshua Jones 40 farmer OH
Barbra " 45 "
Thomas " 12 "
George W. " 10 "
Jacob " 8 "
Wesley " 6 "
James " 2 IA
George W. Jones head Apr 1847 - 52 IA, unkn, unkn
Alice E. " wife Dec 1859 - 40 NY - blank - NY
LeRoy D. " son Nov 1880 - 19 KS-IA-NY
Irene " dau Sep 1883 - 16 KS-IA-NY

HUSBAND
-
George Washington Jones
1880 census Hoosier, Kingman, KS:
George W. Jones head 32 OH-PA-PA
Alace C. " wife 24 NY-VT-NY
Leroy M. " son 7m KS-OH-NY
James " bro 23 IA-PA-PA
1889 moved to Ark City, KS
1892 moved to El Reno, OK
1900 census El Reno, Canadian, OK
George W. Jones head Apr 1847 - 52 IA-unk-unk
Alice E. " wife Dec 1859-40 NY-?=NY
LeRoy D. " son Nov 1880 - 19 KS-IA-NY
Irene " dau Sep 1883 - 16 "
1910 census can't find in El Reno or anywhere

1930 census El Reno, Canadian, OK
LeRoy D. Jones head 4? M27 KS-OH-VT druggist
Aline " wife 48 M23 TX-IN-MO
Charlotte " dau 17 S OK
Miriam " dau 15 S "
Emily J. " dau 11 S "
George W. " dad 80 OH-PA-PA
I checked the 1930 census and George W. was listed as divorced

Spouse: Alice E. "Allie?" FLETCHER? - 2121
Birth Date: Dec 1854/1859
Birth Place: NY
Death Date: 1939
Death Place: Osceola Co., FL
Military: they were div @ time of GW's death
Religion: she re ma H. A. Neel of Kissimme, Fl
Spouse Mother: UNNAMED - 2363

Spouse Notes:
Was married to H. A. Neel of Kissimme, Fl at the time of LeRoy Jones' death in 1937.

Marriage Date: 5 Dec 1878
Marriage Place: Reno co, KS @ Bride's res
Divorced: Circa 1930

Children: LeRoy Dolph - 2116
Irene M - 2362

(2) 1.1 LeRoy Dolph JONES - 2116
————————————————————————————————————————
Birth Date: 15 Nov 1880
Birth Place: Kingman,Kingman,KS
Death Date: 27 Mar 1937
Death Place: El Reno, Canadian, OK
Burial Date: 29 Mar 1937
Burial Place: El Reno Cemetery, El Reno, Canadian, OK
Occupation: pioneer drug store proprietor & druggist in El Reno, OK

Notes:
PIONEER El RENO DRUGGIST IS DEAD
~Rites for LeRoy Jones Arranged Monday ~ The El Reno Daily Tribune Sunday, Mar 28, 1937 pg. 1
Funeral rites for LeRoy D. Jones, 56 year old pioneer drug store proprietor who died Sat morning following an illness of heart disease since Nov, will be conducted at 10:30am Mon at his home, 120 S. Macomb Ave.
Mr. Jones, who was born in Kingman, KS, 15 Nov, 1880, died at his home. He had been in a critical condition the past several weeks.
Mr. Jones moved to Arkansas City, KS, in 1889 and located in El Reno in 1892 when he entered the drug business as a clerk of C.R. Miller, local druggist. He purchased the business in 1908 and in 1912 acquired the drug store which now bears his name located next door to his first store.
~ Survivors Named~
Surviving are the widow, of the home; three daughters, Mrs. George Thomas Watts of Roswell, NM, Miss Miriam Jones and Miss Emily Jean Jones, both of the home, all of whom were at the bedside at the time of Mr. Jones' death. He also is survived by his mother, Mrs. H. A. Neel of Kissimme, FL.
Rev. Holmes Nichols, former pastor of the First Baptist church, will conduct the funeral services, assisted by Rev. J.W. Hodges, pastor. Burial will be in the El Reno cem, with arrangements directed by Benson funeral home.4

Spouse Notes:
The El Reno OK Daily Tribune, 8 July 1965
MRS. JONES' RITES PENDING~
Mrs. LeRoy D. Jones, 120 S. Macomb, died early Thur at Park View hospital.
She was born in Hillsboro TX, but came to El Reno early in statehood. She was a member of the First Baptist church, the Atheneaum club, the Damrosch Music club and served on the Carnegie library board in El Reno for a number of years.
She is survived by three daughters, Mrs. Byrum T. Kroutil of Yukon, Mrs. William Clifton of Atlanta, GA, and Mrs. Forrest Flagler of Grand Forks airforce base.

According to the 1930 El Reno, Canadian,OK Census page 5A
Alisha? is from TX and her dad's from IN, and mother from MO
~~~~~~

If anyone has or wants more info, please email me at Willi at bobld53@yahoo.com
Thanks,
Willi

Posted: 22 Jan 2009 9:00PM GMT
At this point in time, it looks like a diff G.W. Jones family...darn it!LOL!
However I'm also doing research on the Moon families!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions