Search for content in message boards

Joseph Alfred Michaud

Joseph Alfred Michaud

Posted: 29 Jul 2012 11:35AM GMT
Classification: Query
Searching for anyone who may know this person who died in Dade County, Florida in 1991. The 1940 Census lists two possibilities. One family lived in Waterville, Kennebec, ME; the other in Massachusetts. DOB abt 1934. For one listing the mother's name is Eva and siblings of Joseph were Lucille and Leonard. The Maine family lists Hemasya as the mother and siblings were Gertrude, Jeannette, Germaine, Marie, and Adelard. Military records show a Joseph Michaud who enlisted in the Marines during Korean War.

Re: Joseph Alfred Michaud

Posted: 30 Jul 2012 4:34AM GMT
There is a Joseph A. Michaud buried in the St Francis Catholic Cemetery in Waterville, ME 04901
b.Nov 11, 1934 d.Jun 29, 2002
Listed in National Cemetery database he was a PFC in the Army. Served 1957 to 1959 according to Dept of VA BIRLS.

The only Joseph Michaud that is listed in U.S. Marine Corp Muster Roll on Ancestry (that served during KW) looks to have been in service by Oct 1, 1949 and maybe earlier. Also listed with JR with name. Joseph Alfred would have been only 15 yrs old or younger. The Joseph in the Muster Roll has serial # 637817 starting Oct 49 then and ending Jan 1952.
A different Joseph Michaud with different Serial # in the Rolls April 1955 after the Korean War.

In transcriptions of records names can be transcribed wrong and indexes do miss people. So 1940 Michaud could be Michand or Michond or Michoud or that Joseph is not in the index at all.
How do you know he was born in US?
Good Luck....his death certificate should have parents names and if a Veteran.

Posted: 30 Jul 2012 10:43AM GMT
Thanks for your response. I don't know where he was born, really. He was cremated on 19 Nov 1991, according to the information I have. His remains were found in an American Legion Post that was sold a few years ago. Apparently, no one claimed his ashes. The Florida Death Index lists DOD as 9 Nov 1991 in Dade County for a Joseph Alfred Michaud. His DOB was listed as 25 Mar 1934. He was 57 years old. I saw 2 persons that were close matches in the 1940 US Census: Joseph A. Michaud living in ME with a son, Joseph A. Michaud,age 5, and Joseph Michaud Junior living in Massachusetts with a child Joseph, age 7. I believe they were both of Canadian origin. Because of where his ashes were found I reasoned he may have served during the Korean War.

Posted: 29 Aug 2012 5:57PM GMT
Surnames: Michaud
I am trying to track down information on a Joseph Michaud who would have been born between 1918-20-ish. I believe he grew up in Maine (potentially Monson) and was in the Navy during WW2. He came to Scotland and was there in and around 1948-1949. I called the Navy Department Library and was able to track down information on a Joseph Alfred Michaud who was in the US Marine Corps. His date of birth was 10/8/1918 and he was a Lieutenant Junior Guard. That's as much as I've been able to track down.

Posted: 29 Aug 2013 2:28AM GMT
I am looking for information, on the whereabouts, of my great-grand-uncle Joseph Alfred Michaud, who was born on August 25th 1897 in Champion MI. He ran away from this area, never to be seen or heard from again, at the age of 14 yrs old. his last known residence was 407 4th St. Iron Mountain MI 49801 in 1911. He was tracked as far away as Japan, by a private Detective that my great-grand-aunt Anna Mary hired to find him but his trail went cold after that. So I'd appreciate any information as to where his grave might be.

Posted: 31 Aug 2013 10:50PM GMT
This post was about a Joseph Alfred Michaud who was cremated 11-19-1991 in Miami Dade Co, FL.

Posted: 3 Sep 2013 8:06PM GMT
The Joseph Alfred Michaud, that I'm looking for was born on August 25th 1897. In Champion,MI, so the one that was in The Korean War isn't him. Because according to my great-grand uncle's census records our Joseph was dead by 1947.

Posted: 3 Sep 2013 8:14PM GMT
Our Joseph Michaud, who ran away from Iron Mountain, MI where he lived in 1911.was tracked all the way to Japan. But unfortunately his trail went cold after that.

Posted: 5 Sep 2013 9:48PM GMT
The Joseph Alfred Michaud, I am looking was born in the US in Champion MI. On August 25th 1897. and as of today, I found out my family was still living in Champion MI, when our Joseph ran away and was never seen again.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic