Search for content in message boards

Samuel Alexander from Scotland

Samuel Alexander from Scotland

Posted: 16 May 2011 3:15PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 12 Dec 2012 11:08PM GMT
Surnames: Alexander, Murray
Anyone looking for Samuel Alexander who was born in Scotland (abt 1845) to parents Samuel Alexander and Janet or Jennie Stevens or Stevenson; married Mary Murray in Botson, Massachusetts in 1868 and lived in Ware and Leicester, Massachusetts? I have photographed his grave and added it to findagrave.com at St. Joseph's Cemetery in Leicester, Massachusetts. Believe there were other family members of Samuel from Scotland who lived and died around Ware, Massachusetts.
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=al...;

Linda
Worcester, Massachusetts

Re: Samuel Alexander from Scotland

Posted: 28 Jun 2012 5:06AM GMT
Surnames: Samuel Alexander from Scotland
Linda, I have been doing research on the Alexander family. I have added additional information to my tree about the family if you are interested. Thank you for sharing your information. I have added your photo to my tree.

Posted: 28 Jun 2012 5:57AM GMT
Where in Scotland is your Samuel from?

Posted: 28 Jun 2012 6:37AM GMT
The Samuel Alexander in my family is from Maybole, Ayrshire, Scotland born abt.1835 or 1845 depending on the source. His father is also Samuel Alexander and mother is Katherine "Jannet" Stevenson.

Posted: 29 Jun 2012 3:17AM GMT
Edited: 29 Jun 2012 3:34PM GMT
Surnames: Alexander
I'm not related to this family just took a gravestone photo. If you are a member of or become a member of findagrave.com (it's free) I'd be happy to transfer management of the webpage of Samuel and his family to you. I would need your member ID# to do it. You could just send a request from his webpage. If don't want to do that and have more info to add just send me a message with the info.
I looked at your tree and I also think I can help with some of the Massachusetts vital records for this family.

Linda

Posted: 29 Jun 2012 7:12AM GMT
Not sure we are related either. My husbands line is from Campbelltown, Scotland.

Gail

Posted: 29 Jun 2012 9:33PM GMT
Gail,
My 3rd cousin completed a DNA study for the Alexander family and he came up with a 36 out of 37 match for the Alexander's coming from Campbeltown Scotland. I would be interested in communicating more with you about this Alexander Clan if you are interested.
Please contact me at shadowfox60@comcast.net
thank you
Bruce

Posted: 10 Dec 2012 12:36PM GMT
Surnames: Alexander
Hi Lisa,

I have been reviewing my 'Treetops" recently and happened upon the thread titled 'Samuel Alexander from Scotland'. It may be of interest to you that my family research indicates that Samuel Alexander, my great great grandfather, born in Maybole, Ayrshire in 1835 and son of Samuel Alexander & Janet Stevenson (OPR Births 605/0040 0213), prior to his emigration, married Anne Goldie, my great great grandmother in 1856 in Maybole. Samuel had 2 daughters with Anne, - Ann, born about 1855 & Janet, my great grandmother, born 1857. I think Samuel emigrated together with his parents, sister Janet & brother Peter leaving his wife & 2 daughters in Scotland. He last features in the 1851 census in Scotland. His first wife, Anne can be found in every Scotland census until she dies in 1892. I would be interested in any info you can give me about his life in America.

Posted: 11 Dec 2012 5:12PM GMT
Dear John,

I took some time to look at some old records and was indeed able to connect our trees together through the marriage of Samuel Alexander and Ann(e) Goldie. I was not aware that we had this other line to our family tree since it appears their marriage/time together was rather brief before Samuel moved to the US. Your GG Grandfather Samuel Alexander and my GG Grandfather Peter are brothers. I will look into what information I can find about Samuel and his family/extended family here. My grandmother's mother is Ida May Alexander, her father is Peter Alexander and Hellen (Ellen) Kennedy. Interesting that Hellen's gravesite in Michigan names her as Hellen/Ellen Goudie Kennedy. I am wondering, with the connection now to your Anne Goldie, if the Goudie is really Goldie, meaning there may be another link to our trees. Here is the link to the grave site information.

Ellen Goudie Kennedy Alexander
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=AL...;

Peter Alexander
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=28...

I will continue to see what information I can find on the US end. If you have any additional info to help our tree grow out further, let me know, as well! I will send you a link to my tree so you can stay connected to this branch of your Alexander family. I think I need your e-mail address to send the invite. If you like, you can share your tree with me and I can build my tree out further as well.

Your Cousin in California,
Lisa
cherrygarcia_ca@yahoo.com

Posted: 28 Jul 2013 3:22PM GMT
Hello,

I am looking to trace Samual Alexander who I believe was born in Scotland and his wife was named Mary who's maiden name I don't know in fact not much is known about either of them. I have reason to believe there may be a connection to Brooklyn with Samual.

He had several children (I know a little about). His wife passed away after giving birth in Govan,Scotland. I wonder if this could be who i am looking for.

Francesca
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions