Thomas E. DIXON died March 14, 2001

Thomas E. DIXON died March 14, 2001

Posted: 10 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Edited: 28 Dec 2004 3:37PM GMT
Surnames: DIXON, JACKSON, HOGAN, WEDGE, BARTON, KISSEL, MACHAN
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Carole Lynn (Mohney) Carr, Volunteer Transcriber

Transcribed from an original newspaper clipping from the 'Sturgis Daily Journal', which serves the St. Joseph Co., Michigan area.
Copy provided by Sturgis Public Library.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

BRONSON - Thomas E. DIXON, age 87, of Bronson, Mich., died March 14, 2001, at Thurston Woods Village, Sturgis.

He was born Jan. 17, 1914, in Sylvia, Kansas, a son of Thomas and Goldie (JACKSON) DIXON and moved to Bronson in the middle 1930s. He lived in the same house for 65 years. Tom worked at the former Bronson Reel Company until the company closed. He then continued to work in the same building for Bronson Precision Products, retiring after a total of 39 years of service in the same factory building.

On Oct. 12, 1935, Tom married Katherine Hogan in Crown Point, Ind. She died on Sept. 1, 1992.

He was a member of St. Mary of Assumption Catholic Church of Bronson and the UCT in Coldwater. He enjoyed gardening, carpentry, crafts and also operated Dixon's House of Spices.

Surviving are: two granddaughters, Mrs. Gary (Tammy Sue) WEDGE of Sturgis and Fanesse BARTON, also of Sturgis; a grandson, Thomas KISSEL, living in Indiana; and eight great-grandchildren, Thomas John, Joe Hanna, Nicole, Jonathan, Robert, Jenapher, Katherine and Antoniye. He was preceded in death by his wife; a daughter, Elaine KISSEL; a brother, Benton DIXON; and two sisters, Anita DIXON and Truella MACHAN.

Friends may call from 4-8 p.m. today at the Kolcz Funeral Home of Bronson, where the Rosary will be recited at 6 p.m. A funeral Mass celebrating the life of Thomas E. DIXON will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the St. Mary of Assumption Catholic Church in Bronson with the Rev. Fr. Richard A. Fritz officiating. Prayers before Mass will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home. Interment in Bronson Cemetery will follow the Mass.

Memorial donations may be made to the St. Mary's Church or School. Envelopes are available at the funeral home. This obituary is also at www.kolcz.com.

Re: Thomas E. DIXON died March 14, 2001

Wanda Wedge Greathouse (View posts)
Posted: 19 Nov 2001 1:59PM GMT
Classification: Query
OK lets have it. Your Gary WEDGE with wife Tammy Sue, is either my WEDGE line or that of Austin Wedge who went to Wright County Missouri.
Do you have more information ?
My Ezra Bates WEDGE son of Wm. P. Wedge died at Winfield, Lake Co Indiana, his widow filed pension papers from Crown Point, where her brother John Michael Jr. lived with his wife Polly Gher. These persons were from Crawford Co Pa.
William P. WEdge born 1812 NY his wife Annis born 1810 New York to Laporte Co Indiana on 1860 census.
Austin Wedge was from Hillsdale Co Micigan, descendant of William WEdge and Mary Mulholland.
Very interested in getting any info. you might have on this very elusive lines.
Wanda wgreath760@aol.com

Re: Thomas E. DIXON died March 14, 2001

P. Shafer-Aulbach (View posts)
Posted: 13 Feb 2002 5:44AM GMT
Surnames: Machan, Shafer, Keller
I am interested in the Machan family. If anyone can send me information on the Machan side of the family, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Re: Machan

Posted: 18 Sep 2002 4:13AM GMT
Edited: 26 Sep 2003 3:16AM GMT
Surnames: MACHAN
I am a Machan from Sturgis. What do you need to know about this surname?

P. Shafer-Aulbach (View posts)
Posted: 2 Sep 2003 1:58AM GMT
Surnames: Machan
Hi Peg, are you Rick, Billy, and Jim's sister?

Posted: 2 Sep 2003 2:07AM GMT
Yes, I am a sister. I grew up in Sturgis but do not live there now.
Posted: 2 Sep 2003 2:13AM GMT
Surnames: Machan, Shafer
Hi peg, Rick was going to get ahold of you for me to get some information for me.... I just discovered recently that your uncle ralph married my aunt vivian (shafer). I have Vivian's obituary, but was looking for Ralph's. I went up to the fire dept. last nite, and spent some time with rick last nite, to gather some info. and to let him know that we were related. He was tickled pink..... we called your aunt Dorothy, but she couldn't remember much. I have the machan family tree i borrowed from Billy, but not sure where ralph fits in....want to tie you and your siblings into my family tree, but it all started with Ralph Machan marrying Vivian Shafer....talk to you soon.

Re: Machan - Ralph's obituary

Posted: 2 Sep 2003 4:00AM GMT
I do have the obituary for Ralph W. Machan which appeared in the South Bend Tribune on 19 Sept. 1989. I can send you a copy or scan it and e-mail it if you will send me your address. Reply to me at peggenealogy@aol.com.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions