I am working on the a WILLIAMS FAMILY of early
ROWAN CO. N.C. back into MARYLAND.
Thank you for your time. KAREN at, kkydee2@juno.com

Re: STOCKSTAL / STOCKSTILL & WILIIAMS

Posted: 13 Jul 2002 4:16AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 6 Nov 2002 2:10AM GMT
Surnames: Herrin Stogsdill Williams
Shadrack Williams signed the marriage bond. He was in Pulaski Co., KY as an old man along with the "Stogsdills" [from Circuit Court Records of Pulaski CO., KY]. I would like to have more on Shadrack WIlliams since my Shadrack Herrin may have been named after him.

Posted: 14 Jul 2002 8:04PM GMT
Hello & thank you. The WILLIAMS FAMILY I am working on starts with a WILLIAM WILLIAMS b/ca. 1720/ 1735 d/ after 1764 & wife FRANCES ,known children: ELIZABETH ,Christened, FEB. 2, 1752, d/ 1753, ELIZABETH , christened, OCT. 10, 1754,
JOHN DORY? WILLIAMS , ca. 1760, d/ ca. 1831
m/ ELIZABETH BARRETT
BENJAMIN WILLIAMS , christened FEB. 26 1764, d/ 1796 ?
m/ MARY ( POLLY)
All born in PRINCE GEORGE CO. MARYLAND , maybe others .
I have some other charts that tie in. I also am of the STOCKSTILL FAMILY of MARYLAND into MS. , JOSHUA STOCKSTILL ca. 1768 & wife MARY LAVINNA KNIGHT d/o
JOHN KNIGHT & ELIZABETH HARPER.
The name you gave me did not ring a bell at this point but I will take it & see what I can find. THANK YOU. KAREN

Posted: 14 Jul 2002 11:13PM GMT
Edited: 6 Nov 2002 2:10AM GMT
I understand that Joshua Stockstill [or members of his line] are buried at Picayune, MS alongside Shepherd and Lott Herring. I don't have the graveyard at the present.

Larry Herrin (View posts)
Posted: 24 Nov 2002 3:24PM GMT
Surnames: Herrin, Stockstill
Have you any knowledge of Shadrack Williams in Maryland? I understand he was with the Stockstills back in Baltimore Co.

Posted: 27 Nov 2002 11:21AM GMT
Hello & thank you. The old WILLIAMS that I deal with are WILLIAM WILLIAMS 1720-1735 , RICHARD WILLIAMS 1720-1735 & THOMAS WILLIAMS 1720-1735 & the sons & daughters of these men. You did not send a date to work with. They in most part were in PRINCE GEORGE CO. MARYLAND where they tie in with the old GILPIN / GIBSON / GIPSON family. KAREN of MS.

Nancy Lloyd (View posts)
Posted: 25 Sep 2006 6:20PM GMT
Surnames: Strocksdill
I'm hunting the STROCKSDILL's from Ky and have hit a brick
wall. I know that from 1860's on they spelled their name STROXTILE. But just maybe it was Stockstal eariler. Do you have any hint that some may have traveled to Kentucky bofore 1840's?

Nancy S. Lloyd
Searching for Stroxtile's & Tinnell
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions