Search for content in message boards

Murray family from Inverness

Murray family from Inverness

Mary Murray (View posts)
Posted: 26 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Murray
Looking for family of William Murray born May 15, 1893 in Inverness, Scotland. William served in the Cameron Highlanders during WWI. William's father owned a butcher shop and died when William was a boy. He had a brother and two sisters Harry, Molly and Nesta. William moved to the U.S. in 1920 and later His Mother and siblings followed. The rest of the family, aunts, uncles and cousins remained in Scotland. We still have family there but where? and who? We don't know the names of his parents for certain, possibly Francis? and Helen? Any help in locating our family will be appreciated.

andrew mcfadden 1675 - inverness

wendy noel frederick (View posts)
Posted: 25 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: mcfadden, pirtle, noel, french, black, aldrich, alldredge
I am trying to find the parents of Andrew McFadden (McFadin) born 1675 who came to Arrowsic Island, Lincoln, ME with his brother in 1738. Is there a place I can look for births/deaths/passenger/lists in Inverness in hopes of finding more information?

Re: andrew mcfadden 1675 - inverness

Posted: 22 Aug 2001 11:10PM GMT
Edited: 19 Oct 2002 2:06AM GMT
Surnames: McFadden, McFadin
Wendy,
When you find out who Andrew McFadin's (b. 1675 Mull Scotland) were, please let me know. That's exactly what I am looking for now too. I'll let you know if I find out.
-Jen

wendy noel frederick (View posts)
Posted: 23 Aug 2001 1:43AM GMT
Surnames: McFadden, Noel, Pirtle, Giblin, Tracy, Aldrich, Aldredge, French
Jen,
I keep an eye out and keep you posted if I find anything!

Velvet Brooks (View posts)
Posted: 5 Jan 2004 5:41AM GMT
Have you found out any info on Andrews parents yet? Andrew is my 5x great grand father and he is where I hit a brick wall looking farther back.

Re: William McFadden

Posted: 1 Sep 2005 4:45AM GMT
Edited: 26 Nov 2006 5:26PM GMT
Surnames: McFadden
Hi!
I am looking for info on William McFadden, my 4th great grandfather, born 1745 or 1747, not sure whether he was born in Ireland or Scotland. May have been born in Scotland but moved to Ireland. He received a land grant from King George III for 200 acres in Fishing Creek area, Old Craven Co., South Carolina, USA in 1770. He started the process in 1767. He is the suspected brother of Candour, Edward, Robert, John and Mary McFadden. If any of these names are familiar please email me at
ddwest@dynasty.net
Debbie
per page

Find a board about a specific topic