Search for content in message boards

Cross family in Fisherfield (NH> NY>OH>WI)

Cross family in Fisherfield (NH> NY>OH>WI)

Nancy McMahon (View posts)
Posted: 17 Feb 2006 2:18AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 3 Mar 2006 11:19AM GMT
Surnames: Cross, Swain, Chase, Rood, Fish, Tyler
My great-great-great grandfather Daniel Cross was born in Fisherfield NH in 1793/4. His father's name was Joseph and his mother may have been Sarah Tyler. She died when he was very young and he said he was raised by 2 maiden aunts, Prudence and Charity? I don't know if they were sisters to his mother or his father. I would deeply appreciate being able to authenticate his parents.
Daniel left NH and in NY married Mercy Fish. Together they had 12 children and over the years migrated from NY to OH and then WI. Daniel was a Methodist preacher and Mercy descended from a long line of Quakers. They died in Whitewater WI.
Their son Charles Giles Crosse (he added the e ) was a doctor in Sun Prairie WI. His home is now on the National Register and I am trying to document his lineage.
Can you help?

John Cross Sr. family of Fisherfield NH & Plymouth VT

Linda (View posts)
Posted: 18 May 2006 5:19AM GMT
Edited: 20 May 2006 11:20PM GMT
Surnames: Cross
I am also researching a Joseph Cross Sr. from Fisherfield, NH. He had a son Joseph Cross Jr, b. abt 1772. Joseph Cross Sr.is on the Fisherfield, NH 1790 census. He then appears on the 1800 Plymouth, Windsor Co. VT census. His son Joseph Cross Jr. is also on the 1800 census. By 1810 Joseph Cross Jr. is in Plymouth, Windsor Co. VT as well as a Widow Sally Cross, whom I think is Joseph Cross Sr.'s widow. Does this sound like the same family you are researching?

Re: Cross family in Fisherfield (NH> NY>OH>WI)

Posted: 26 Dec 2006 8:14PM GMT
Surnames: Cross
Hi there Nancy,

You may not remember me, but we communicated way back in the days of Anne Long's CROSS COLLECTIONS.

Some of my most recent Colonial Cross family research may be able to add a couple of ancestral generations to your Daniel Cross of Fishersfield puzzle.

Take a look at my recent posting on the Genealogy.com Cross surname forum.

Also contact me by e-mail for further info.

All the best to you and the family in 2007!!

Sincerely,

John Granger - granger@bfm.org - way up in "da nord voods of Viskoncin"
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions