Search for content in message boards

Lane Family - Susquehannah Co. PA

Lane Family - Susquehannah Co. PA

Tracey Lane Hiatt (View posts)
Posted: 14 Apr 2000 7:45AM GMT
I'm interested in finding other Lanes from this area. I have Lane relatives in Binghamton, NY, but wondered about another branch. Is anyone familiar with Dennis Lane and his wife, Joanna (children John, Joanna, Dennis, Jr.?) Also, anyone familiar with Jeremiah E. Lane and wife, Mary (children William, Edmund, Johannah (or Josephine) and George (died a bachelor?). These families settled in Middletown, PA area.
Posted: 16 Apr 2000 6:43PM GMT
Edited: 2 Jul 2001 3:46PM GMT
LDS records show a Johannes Lane (or Lehn) who
came to PA in 1780. Was possibly the Johnannes
who removed ("over the Susquehana?") some yrs
later -- also in LDS records.
Found while searching for my John Chester, b.
Chicago in 1880. His pa's Johann or John C.
and Emily.
married after Emily's death.

Dolphin Family

Posted: 26 May 2000 2:06AM GMT
Edited: 26 Sep 2001 9:08PM GMT
Hi Tracey,

You are the first person to have DOLPHIN relatives from France. My Dolphin family went to Santo Domingo sometime between 1792-1812. In my GGG grandfathers obituary from the Baltimore SUN paper in 1863, it says that he was the only one of his family to escape the slave rebellion there. As I read about these slave rebellions, I find out that there were more than one. How and why my Francis Dolphin wound up in Baltimore, Maryland is still a mystery to me. During the 1812 War, he signed onto a newly built Privateer ship in Baltimore. These privateers were nothing but legal pirates. The ships name was CHASSEUR, which is french for chaser. This CHASSEUR was the original PRIDE of BALTIMORE. I also have not found any Dolphins from France, other than my own. Please keep in touch, and send me your e-mail address, just in case there is some connection down the line. My e-mail address is Hope to hear from you soon.

Dolphins in France

Tracey Lane Hiatt (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jul 2000 4:18PM GMT
Hi Back! I did not see your message until today. It showed up under on the "Lane" message boards, and I just haven't looked here in a while, as I've been lucky with the Lane side so far. I don't recall what I was talking to you about. If you see this message, please e-mail me at hiattds@juno.com. Thanks! I'll try to send you an e-mail.

Re: Lane Family - Susquehannah Co. PA

Posted: 3 Aug 2010 2:52AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Lane of Middletown, PA
Tracey, you wrote:

Also, anyone familiar with Jeremiah E. Lane and wife, Mary (children William, Edmund, Johannah (or Josephine) and George (died a bachelor?). These families settled in Middletown, PA area.

Look at the Sullivan/Lane/Conklin/Zimmerman Family Tree. I am trying to find out more about Jeremiah E. Lane his wife, Mary also. His daughter, Josephine "Johannah" Lane married John Edward Sullivan of Binghamton, New York and they moved to Norwich, Chenango, New York where Josephine (Lane) Sullivan and John Edward Sullivan are buried at St. Paul's Cemetery in Norwich, NY.

If you have any information On Jeremiah E. Lane and what his wife's maiden name was, I would certainly appreciate it.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions