Search for content in message boards

Hezekiah Porter , who's your daddy?

Hezekiah Porter , who's your daddy?

Posted: 19 Nov 2011 5:20PM GMT
Classification: Query
Heazekia Porter was b. 1785, Milford, CT, d. 1843 Milford, CT m. Rachael Pardee b. 1786 d. 1838, m. in Milford, CT. 20 Oct, 1803. Children: Rachael, b. 1806, d. ?. Samuel, b. 1817 Milford, CT, d. 1880, Milford, CT; m. in Waterbury, CT. to Minerva Beach, b. 1817, Litchfield, CT, d. 1860, Waterbury, CT

Re: Hezekiah Porter , who's your daddy?

Posted: 21 Jul 2012 12:56PM GMT
Good luck - I've been trying to figure this out for 30 years. As I'm sure you've already found out, there were two Hezekiah Porters in the same area at the same time. One went to Vermont, and ours stayed in Connecticut. I'd love to prove that the line connects to Hezekiah Porter who married Sarah Carver at Bridgewater in 1757 as she was dau. of Joseph Carver and Elizabeth Snow (dau of Benj. Snow and Eliz Alden of the Mayflower Alden line).

Ross

Re: Hezekiah Porter , who's your daddy?

Posted: 28 Feb 2013 12:31AM GMT
Surnames: Porter, Pardee
I found a Hannah Porter (40 to 45) living in Milford, CT with two daughters in the 1800 census - the curious part is that she's living next door to a Mary Pardee who is about the same age. Since Hezekiah Porter and Rachel Pardee were married in Milford in 1803, it seems possible that Hannah could be the mother to Hezekiah, and Mary could be a relative of Rachel who was the matchmaker?

There were no other Porters in Milford in 1800.

Grasping at straws...
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions