Search for content in message boards

JARRES, KARL siblings (born Remscheid, Germany)

JARRES, KARL siblings (born Remscheid, Germany)

Posted: 17 Aug 2009 1:37AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: JARRES
Trying to find out who Karl JARRES siblings were.
Karl Jarres was born in Remscheid 21 sept 1874 and died in Duisburg in 1951. In particular, I am interested in his sisters.

Any additional info on the family would also be welcome.

Karl is known for his political activity during the Weimar government in Germany. He ran in the 1925 election, then stepped down in favour of Paul von Hindenberg.

Re: JARRES, KARL siblings (born Remscheid, Germany)

Posted: 20 Aug 2009 9:22PM GMT
Hi,

I'll be doing some research in the archive in Bruehl next week. I could look up the Jarres in Remscheid for you.

Please email be directly at byriga@aol.com

Gaby (Rhineland, Germany)

Posted: 20 Aug 2009 9:52PM GMT
Surnames: Jarres, Busch, Luckhaus
Thank you, thank you, thank you.
That would be amazing!!!

If you happen to end up with some extra time, could you also look up the last name Luckhaus (also from Remscheid). I have just discovered through a Parisian record that the previously dead-end Luckhaus family side of the tree is from the area.
The names of interest (that I know of) are Max Arnold Luckhaus (likley born somewhere between 1850 and 1880) whose parents were Hermann Luckhaus and Helene Busch. All were from the Remscheid area though Max was in Paris in 1889 (not sure when he left Remscheid.

Also, for the Jarres family, I have discovered the names of his parents: Rudolf Jarres and Maria Busch, if that will help make the research easier.

You are so lucky to be going!!!!! Have a fantastic time.

Posted: 23 Aug 2009 7:33AM GMT
This is a short CV of KArl Jarres, in German, however:

http://www.dhm.de/lemo/html/biografien/JarresKarl/index.html

Gaby
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions