Search for content in message boards

Obituary needed for surname FARLEY died 1946 in San Francisco

Obituary needed for surname FARLEY died 1946 in San Francisco

Posted: 28 Nov 2012 5:54PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: FARLEY
Looking for obituary for Artell Bernard Farley died 16 May 1946 in San Francisco.

Could anyone assit me?

http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/22610099/person/1344269413

Re: Obituary needed for surname FARLEY died 1946 in San Francisco

Posted: 3 Jan 2013 1:35AM GMT
Hi,

If you think his obituary will be in a San Bernardino County newspaper, thee is an obituary volunteer for that county at www.gengathering.com. You do need to create a user ID and password to enter the web site but access to the volunteer info IS free.

OR
Contact the San Bernardino Library, www.sbcity.org/cityhall/library/default.asp

If you think the obituary would be in the San Francisco newspapers, there are two volunteers at http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~obitl/volc...
Scroll down to San Francisco Co.
Successful Searching!

Posted: 3 Jan 2013 2:26AM GMT
I didn't find anything for Artell Sr. on Genealogy.com, but I did find several articles about Artell Jr.'s 1954-56 trial and execution in Washington state.

A 1954 article about the trial listed his mother as a defense witness. Her name at the time was Mrs. Frieda Jackson, so it looks like she had remarried.

Also, I found Frieda's maiden name for you. It was Lindquist. (Source: Washington Digital Archives)

Hope that helps.

Posted: 3 Jan 2013 2:42PM GMT
I had no idea that he was executed nor do I know any of the circumstances. I tried googling it but only got web sites where you have to pay for using the Walla Walla newspaper. Can you fill in any details?

Posted: 3 Jan 2013 4:38PM GMT
Do a google search for "Artell Farley" and select "news" on the far left, then select "archives," again on the left, a little lower down on the page. There are several articles about the case there. Google News Archive is a great (& largely free) resource, but it's kind of a pain to search. This is the best way I've found to do it.

Alternately, if you do a lot of genealogy research, Genealogy Bank is definitely worth the subscription. I've found a lot of great info there, especially old newspapers and more recent obituaries.

Let me know if you have any difficulties. I've got to go now, but if you need I'll send you some links later on.

Best of luck,
Marta

Posted: 3 Jan 2013 6:48PM GMT
Got it thanks for the tip. Very interesting.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions