Search for content in message boards

Fuszard and Hounsell families

Fuszard and Hounsell families

Posted: 11 Jan 2006 12:53AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: HOUNSELL TILLMAN DEAREN DUFFEY FUSZARD
Our Hounsell ancestors came to Wisconsin from Dorset in 1848. Eldest daughter, Caroline Fuszard and husband Charles are in the Kenosha 1850 census . I have been unable to find the parents, Jonathon and Elizabeth Hounsell at all (apart from the passenger list 1848 and buriels in Plymouth cemetery,Sheboygan in 1853 and 1854. Caroline's brothers -Jonathon, Marwood,William and Samuel- appear in 1860 in various WI locations.
Would appreciate any help with filling in the missing bits, especially finding the rest of the family in 1850 census . As a Brit living in New Zealand I have little idea how to find this info. Regards

Re: Fuszard and Hounsell families

Posted: 12 Jan 2006 11:56PM GMT
Edited: 13 Apr 2006 9:31PM GMT
I found an newspaper from Sheboygan on a Captain Jonothan Hounsell.

There is alot of information in this article if this is who you are looking for. In the article this family lived in Kenosha and then Sheboygan.

The title of the article is "CAPT. JOHNTHAN HOUNSELL RECALLS BOYHOOD DAYS IN COUNTY --A PIONEER FAMILY"

I can email this to you, let me know you are are interested it in.

Landers
dlanders1@wi.rr.com

Pat Hounsell (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jan 2006 1:49AM GMT
Surnames: HOUNSELL TILLMAN DEAREN DUFFEY FUSZARD
Many thanks for the reply. I have seen the article you mention. I'm really interested in the period 1848-1860 when the family first arrived eg.1850 census, but have no access to this. In particular, I'm looking for the date Jonathon Hounsell ( father of Captain Jonathon)arrived in America and married Elizabeth Ann Duffey so I can try to obtain the certificate- but getting nowhere fast! Thanks again for your interest, Pat

Posted: 31 Jan 2013 2:28AM GMT
I have most of this info on my Manson Tree. Also have many pictures of William & his family, but haventbeen able to attach them yet.
Caroline's 2g grandson Peter Barber has Fuszard family. You should be able to connect with him by putting in Caroline Hounsell (Fuzzard).
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions