Search for content in message boards

Genealogie (2)

Genealogie (2)

J.G. Nuijten (View posts)
Posted: 14 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Banckert, Bauwens, Beuckelaer, Dignusse, Engels, Geense, Hoedemakers, Mancx, Martens, Meertens, Naijer, Poelman, DeRijcke, Roseny, Schepen, Slippe, Tymis, Valckier, Velder, Vermander, Verbrugge, Westdorp
I like to exchange information on these families!

DeRijcke

Rebecca Lamm (View posts)
Posted: 18 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: DeRijcke
I have a Franciscus DeRijcke, who emigrated from the Netherlands in 1849, with his wife, Rosalia. I have information on some of their descendants, but no nothing else of their life in the Netherlands.

Naam Beuckelaer

Olaf Visser (View posts)
Posted: 22 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Geachte heer,
Via een zoekmachine op naam kwam ik op de site Netherlands,Zeeland waar ik de naam beuckelaer aantrof. Ik ben bezig met een stamboom BEUKELAAR (op welke wijze dan ook gespeld). Graag ontvang ik informatie die u mogelijk heeft en mij wellicht weer een stap in de goede richting brengt.
Met Vriendelijke groet,
Olaf Visser

Hoedemakers or Houdmacher

Patricia Torgersen (View posts)
Posted: 30 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Houdmacher, Schaefer, Bachman
I' am trying to find my German roots. My G G G Grandfather was Arthur Houdmacher born in Germany. possible born in 1800. please help.

Westdorp details

Jay (View posts)
Posted: 28 Dec 2001 10:31AM GMT
I have lots of info on Westdorp who lived in Zuid Beverland, Zeeland, the Netherlands (aound or in Goes). Is that the branch you are looking for?

Re: Genealogie (2)

Posted: 21 Oct 2002 12:32AM GMT
Edited: 29 Oct 2002 9:17PM GMT
Surnames: Meerten(s)
I am looking for the name Meerten(s)..noticed you had a Meertens... would you tell me the first name you are looking for - I'm searching for RICHARD, Anthony and Jacobus. (All three may have left Holland for Guyana). Thanks.

Posted: 14 Dec 2010 1:13AM GMT
Surnames: Meerten, Mechten
Jacobus Meertens married Allagonda Mechten. He was born in 1774 in Echt,Limberg,Netherlands. They had Paulus and Theodor in the early 180o's. Paulus had a daughter,Sophia Hubertina Meerten also born in Echt in 1836.
Josh Rubell

Posted: 14 Dec 2010 2:32AM GMT
Surnames: Meerten, Buchanan, Garraway
thank you for your post - my Jacobus was in Guyana. Of course the family name Meerten is Dutch but so far we haven't been able to connect it to a family in Holland at all. My Jacobus Meerten owed a sawmill at Weri-werai-kuru on the Essequebo River.. he had three sons: Frederick, Louis and Anthony. Anthony had a daughter Ann Meerten who married a Herbert Buchanan. How this all relates to my 2nd great grandfather George Sydney Meerten (born in Demerara about 1829) we do not know. George was sent to England as a tiny boy (perhaps about 6 years old)in 1835 as his mother had died (supposedly) and his father turned him over to his grandmother - whomever she was. In England George disappears from the time he arrives in 1835 till his first marriage in 1857. Following that marriage we have most of his family (he married a second time as first wife died when my great grandfather was just a tiny tot). George did not seem to know who his father was as he gave a different name of each of the marriage certificates. Guyana is impossible to get information out of. Some day I hope that somewhere in the Dutch Archives there may be some information that will clear all this up.

Posted: 28 Jun 2012 10:59PM GMT
Hello .Sophia Merteens is the 2 X great grandma of my wife Rose.She married Jacob Herman Reinardy. Her dad was Paulus Merteen b may 12,1803.Her mom was Joanna Catharinea Brakels from Echt,Limburg,Netherlands.Her father was Peter Brakels.
Paulus' father was Jacobus Merteen from Echt.

Posted: 8 Jul 2012 3:52PM GMT
Do you know if your Meertens (or Merteen) is connected to the former governor general of demerara - anthony meertens and his wife Johanna Catharina Slengarde? I am not sure these families (yours and mine and the above) are at all connected, but find it confusing. Thanks.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic