Search for content in message boards

Wright Brothers

Wright Brothers

Judy (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jul 2000 6:29PM GMT
My grandmother was 2nd cousins to the Wright Brothers. As far as I can find, only Lorin and Orville married. Anyone out there descendants of those 2 men?

Wright Brothers

Posted: 8 Aug 2000 12:02PM GMT
Edited: 28 Jun 2001 1:08AM GMT
As of last night Monday Aug.1,2000 I was informed by an older relative that the Wright Brothers were ancestors to us, and that in New York there is a cemetary named after them that the family still owns. I am also attempting to learn more about the family tree. If this seems as though it may be the same people we're talking about contact me at DollyBuggy0129@cs.com Thanks

Wright Brothers

Judy (View posts)
Posted: 8 Aug 2000 6:50PM GMT
From a little more digging around, I know that my great-grandfather's first name was George Wright, his wife's name was Blance.
My grandmother told us she was a 2nd cousin to the Wright brothers, but I haven't found a mention of a George Wright anywhere yet-though he could be one of the brother's children. I'm wondering about the names of Lorin Wright and Wilbur Wright's children. Any clues?

Wright Brothers

Posted: 8 Aug 2000 8:00PM GMT
I will be speaking with the relative who gave me the information on the Wright Brothers being ancestors to us. He did mention some other names like Ida E. Seaman, and Ambrose Arnold Seaman being my great grandparents. I will ask him if he knows anything about their children. I do know of the Wright cemetary I may have mentioned, my natural father is buried there, and I will also see if I can get more names from the head stones of the people buried there to see if I can help you. Let me know if this has been of any help.

Wright Brothers

Judy (View posts)
Posted: 9 Aug 2000 4:51AM GMT
That's great! In the mean time I'll keep digging to see what I can find too. Thanks!

WRIGHT BROTHERS

Posted: 9 Aug 2000 5:54AM GMT
LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE AWARE OF ANY OF THE OTHER NAMES I MENTIONED TO YOU. SEAMAN, STEFFENS, ARNOLDS, TAYLORS. MY COUSIN TOLD ME THAT THEY OWNED A CASTLE IN ENGLAND AND THAT IT IS STILL OWNED BY THE FAMILY, ALONG WITH SOME MANOR HOMES. TALK TO YOU SOON!

Wright Brothers

Judy (View posts)
Posted: 9 Aug 2000 5:49PM GMT
So far none of the names you mentioned have come up, but I have a few gaps in the family that I'm trying to fill in still. I'll have to get back to you on those.

Wright Brothers

Judy Starr (View posts)
Posted: 27 Oct 2000 7:12PM GMT
The only new info I have is that my grandmother's parents names were George Washington Wright,Jr. and Blanche Barr Wright
I'm at a brick wall now as I have no names or dates after these. Thanks,Judy

Wright Brothers

Posted: 4 Nov 2000 9:03PM GMT
The only information I have to date is that Orville and Wilbur Wright are some how related to my family. I am finding it very difficult to learn what I am seeking as well. But should I learn anything, I would be more then happy to share it with you. Do any of these names sound familiar? Steffens, Browns, Taylors or Seaman. Please let me know!

Wright Brothers

Judy (View posts)
Posted: 5 Nov 2000 12:44PM GMT
No I'm sorry to say they don't. I'll be sure to pass whatever else I'm able to find with you also.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic