Search for content in message boards

COAKLEY

CARLIN,COAKLEY,O'BRIEN,DARCY,McCARTHY,LONG

Peggy Parsons (View posts)
Posted: 31 May 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Dear Theresa,
My grandfather's (Michael O'Brien) mothers maiden name was Coakley. They were from Drinagh, Dunmanway, Co. Cork.
My aunt was visiting that area last year, and said there were quite a few Coakleys in Dunmanway. You might try searching there.

COAKLEY

Theresa (View posts)
Posted: 31 May 1998 12:00PM GMT
My gggrandmother was Hanora Coakley, born in Co. Cork to Margaret (Donovan) and David Coakley. She emigrated to Boston, MA around 1870, married John J. Flynn and had seven children. Her sister Mary joined her in Boston around 1874. I have no information on any other siblings (perhaps an Elizabeth, but that is not certain)or a location in Co. Cork.

If you have any info, please contact me!
Thanks.

Coakley

Jim Elliott (View posts)
Posted: 19 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Coakley, Elliott, Noll, Donovan
My father's, John D. Elliott, parents were Gertrude Noll and John Smiley Elliott. Gertrude Noll's parents were James Michael Noll and Johannah Coakley. Johannah Coakley was from Clonakilty, County Cork, Ireland. Her parents were Daniel Coakley and Mary Donovan Coakley. Do any of these names run in your family?

Thanks,
Jim

Carlin

G Walker (View posts)
Posted: 9 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Carlin
My great, great, great, grandfather whose name wasJohn Carlin he was born in 1795 in Londonderry, Ireland and died in 1855. He married Mary McDaid in 1825 in (Maryhill) Scotland. He had six children John, Margaret, Mary, Roseanna, Lizzie, and an Unknown Male. I however cannot find any further information going any further than him, I also cannot find any town by the name of Maryhill in Scotland.

Coakley

Patrick Kelly (View posts)
Posted: 3 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Coakley, Keohane, Le Hane, Kelly, Hennesy, Sullivan, Creighton, O'Brien, O'Malley
My family is Coakley from Maulinregan Rosscarberry and some from Clonakility County Cork.

Please email more info if you have it so I can research.

Thanks,

pk

Lehane

Patrick Kelly (View posts)
Posted: 27 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Lehane, Keohane, Coakley, Kelly
Would love to hear more, to see if we are related.
Do you have a family tree? If yes, could you email me the
Lehane portion so I could research and see if we are related. I know nothing about our Lehane connection except for the marriage into our family, so anything would be helpful.

Thanks,

pk

lehane

susan (View posts)
Posted: 27 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: lehane, doyle, burns, mccarthy
my fathers family is from Cork, his mother, Mary Doyle..
Came to Boston approx 1875-1880, she came first as indentured servant to Boston family. Once indenture was paid, she returned to Cork to 'retrieve' Daniel Lehane, her
betrothed, who was SUPPOSED to meet her in US, but continually 'missed the boat', so to speak. They returned
to US and settled in Saugus, Massachusetts.

PATRICK KELLY

LINDA KELLY (View posts)
Posted: 20 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: KELLY, FITZGERALD
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A PATRICK J KELLY FROM COUNTY CORK. BORN
MARCH 17, 18 69-70. CAME TO US IN 1884 WITH TWO SISTERS NAME OF KATHERINE OR JO KELLY. MARRIED JOSEPHINE FITZGERALD OF NEW CASTLE PENN WHO MOVED TO DENVER CO FROM PENN. PATRICK AND JOSEPHINE MARRIED AND DIED IN COLORADO. HAD 3 CHILDREN.
TWINS JAMES EDWARD KELLY, JOHN KELLY, THOMAS KELLY - DENVER CATHOLIC PRIEST.

Coakleys

Posted: 30 Mar 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 18 Jan 2003 10:13PM GMT
Surnames: Coakley, McLaughlin, Lawless
Hi Jim,

I am new at this. My Coakley family includes John, Patrick, Jeremiah, Julia, Timothy and Michael. Their parents were a Daniel Coakley and Mary Donovan. Could there be that many Daniel Coakleys marrying Mary Donovans. I am just starting my research in Ireland. Any connections.

Thanks, Agnes

McLaughlins

Tom McLaughlin (View posts)
Posted: 12 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: McLaughlin, Berry
Agnes, What McLaughlins are in your family line? I'm looking for my Gparents home County in Ireland.
Thanks, Tom McLaughlin
per page

Find a board about a specific topic