Search for content in message boards

Dennis C. Wait

Dennis C. Wait

Anne Russum (View posts)
Posted: 1 Feb 2003 10:25PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am searching for information about Dennis C. Wait who married Miranda and lived in East Rodman, NY. His children were Lydia, Morris and Abram.

Re: Dennis C. Wait

Posted: 29 Jul 2004 3:22PM GMT
I have that Dennis C Wait was b.in Rennsealer Co.Ny. he d.Dec 5,1889.The burial took place in E.Rodman Cemetary-E.Rodman,Ny.He married Miranda Gardner whom was b.in oneida Co.Ny.She died Feb 26,1882-also buried East Rodman.They had following children:Lydia Ann Waite b.in Ny 1832,Morris B.Waite b.Ny 1834, he married Mahala),Abram/Abraham H.Waite b.Aug.1,1839 d.June 22,1905-in Odgensburgh,Ny.Buried E.Rodman Cemetary.Abraham married Medora C. Blackstone.The couple had a son,Perley W.Waite b.1869 and Loretta Waite d.1857 in Ny.Have some more info if interested further

Anne Russum (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jul 2004 8:18PM GMT
Thank you so much for this information. I would like more
information if you have it.
I see Dennis C. Waite in the 1855 census as being born in Rennsealer Co., NY. I have no definite date on his birth, only somewhere around 1808-10. This is supported in the 1850 census. I do not know who his parents are. I am looking at Reuben Waite only because I saw him in the 1870 census with his wife Mary in Rodman at age 74. A Rueben Waite (and I know there is more than one) appears in the 1800, 1810 and 1820 census in Petersburg, Rensselar Co., NY.
I have no proof, only a mild guess as to this. Do you have any information that could help me?
I don't have anything on Miranda Gardner's family either so I can't go back any further.
Perley W. Waite is my ggrandfather. My ggrandmother divorced him in 1900 and he went west and married again. I have no information on when or where he died.
I never considered Loretta as a daughter of Abram and Medora. I see a Loretty in the 1860 census (with Dennis at 3 years old. In the 1870 census I see a Rosetta (which is probably Loretta) at 14 with Dennis C. and Miran (not clear writing). I think she is young to be their daughter but Abram and Medora didn't marry until 1863.
I have been searching for these answers for some time. Perhaps you can point me a the right direction.
Anne

Posted: 1 Feb 2008 2:02AM GMT
Surnames: Waite, Tiff
Pearly Willard Waite in our line was born Oct 1889 in New York and died 04 May 1954 in Reed Settlement, Jefferson County, New York. Parents Frank Monroe Waite and Emma Jean Tiff. The name is different and they maybe connected in some way. Would love to exchange info

Posted: 24 Mar 2010 12:17AM GMT
The Ruben Waite that you are asking about was married to Mary Clark. He(Reuben)was born about 1775 or so.The couple(reuben and Mary)had nine children Including Dennis C. Waite. There also was a reuben junior, but I believe it was spelled Ruben(one e, not two)but be careful in your search of the d.o.b. of each.There are also Reubens which are not related. Dennis C. was born in 1809.As I recall from the tree, I believe he was the oldest of the nine children.One of the children died young and I cannot tell of his name.

Posted: 5 Aug 2010 11:20PM GMT
Thank you for the information.
When you refer to the tree, where did you
find the tree? Is it posted online somewhere?
How are you related
to this family?
You can email me directly at arussum240@comcast.net.
Anne Russum
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions