Search for content in message boards

Charles T Folsom - Birth

Charles T Folsom - Birth

Posted: 4 Nov 2012 12:49AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Folsom
My 4x great grandfather, Charles T Folsom was born (according to the death records of three of his children) in Leeds, Androscoggin, Maine on 3 Aug 1808.

I'm wondering if birth records exist from this place and time. I've tried numerous avenues to determine his parents and so far I've not found anything. I'm hoping that his birth record, if it could be found, would finally settle this matter.

Thanks for any information!

CT

Re: Charles T Folsom - Birth

Posted: 17 Feb 2013 4:27PM GMT
I am going to the state library/archives this week and can look there for his birth record. Do you know if he married? Marriage records also sometimes had parents names listed.

Posted: 18 Feb 2013 4:48PM GMT
He was married, but the record does not list his parents. According to the Folsom Genealogy, his parents were Gordon Folsom and Nancy Taylor, and he was born in Leeds on 1 Aug 1808. I would love to verify this with an actual document, however.

Posted: 18 Feb 2013 4:52PM GMT
Ok, I'll see if I can find any record of his birth in the Maine State Archives when I go on Wednesday.

Posted: 18 Feb 2013 4:53PM GMT
Thank you so much!

Posted: 20 Feb 2013 11:55PM GMT
Sorry to report, we could not find any records pertaining to Charles T Folsom. We looked for a birth record and potential death records and found nothing. Sorry!!

Posted: 21 Feb 2013 10:50AM GMT
Edited: 21 Feb 2013 10:51AM GMT
another track.... to whom did he marry? where? when? die?

Posted: 21 Feb 2013 5:40PM GMT
Charles Taylor Folsom married Elizabeth E. Judkins (1808-1886, daughter of Jonathan Judkins and Dolly Smith) twice! Once on 1 Jan 1829 in Fayette, Kennebec, Maine (her home town) and once on 5 Mar 1829 in Norridgewock, Somerset, Maine (his residence). Their intention of marriage was published 8 Jan 1829 in Norridgewock. They resided in Mercer, Maine in 1830, Norridgewock in 1840, Waterville, ME in 1850, then moved to Fayette, ME in the second half of 1850 where they are capture in the census there on 8 October. Charles and his family worked in the Sythe manufacturing business and after the North Wayne Sythe factory burned down in 1857, he and the family moved to New London, NH where they are in the 1860, 1870, and 1880 census. Charles died of pneumonia on 15 May 1886 and is buried in the Elkins Cemetery in Elkins, NH.

Posted: 21 Feb 2013 9:08PM GMT
Thanks for looking! I appreciate it.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic