Search for content in message boards

Kinnamon/Kinnamont and Holding/Holden

Kinnamon/Kinnamont and Holding/Holden

Mary Hofer (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jan 2003 12:27AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Holding/Holden and kinnamon
Hi anyone working on these surnames!
I am looking for any info on Nancy Holding born abt. 1810 who married Ambrose Kinnamon/Kinnamont. Ambrose married Nancy Holding in Caroline co. in 1832.
I have most of my family info on Ambrose Kinnamon(he dropped the T) but on his wife Nancy Holding or Holden I only
have info on her children and where she died. I would love to
take the Holding name back to at least her parents.
Ambrose Kinnamon born 1806,was the son of Levi Kinnamon born abt1789. Levi was the son of John Kinnamon
Anyone know of any connections for Nancy Holding or any other Kinnamon connections let me know!
Thanks Mary Hofer hofers@olypen.com

Re: Kinnamon/Kinnamont and Holding/Holden

Posted: 22 Apr 2003 9:58PM GMT
Mary, I have a fair amount of information about early members of the Kininmonth/Kinnamont/Kinnamon family (mostly in Talbot Co. in the early years) and will be happy to share it with you if you're interested. My files don't include the Ambrose you mention, but there were several men named Ambrose early in this line, which starts with John Kininmonth who arrived in Maryland in 1654.
If you'd like to contact me, my e-mail address is bevntony@att.net.

marilyn wright (View posts)
Posted: 4 Dec 2004 4:25PM GMT
Do you have anything on a caroline kinnamon who married John W. Draper and migrated to Illinois? Her mother migrated with them and her name was Mary.

Posted: 26 Apr 2010 3:34AM GMT
Ambrose Kinnamon had a brother John who I am researching. Can you please share what you have on Levi Kinnamon and his father John? I would greatly appreciate the help.

Posted: 27 Apr 2010 11:28PM GMT
Hi Caroline, I never found any true link to my Levi son of John. My Levi was born in Caroline Co. Maryland abt. 1781.
He had two childen by his first marrage, Ambrose and John. He had a daughter Mary by his second wife Margaret i have pretty good records down from Ambrose. John was on the same census as Ambrose in 1860. J. (John) Kinnaman 48, (brother of Ambrose) farmer, born Maryland
Wife, Ann age 54, born Ohio?
Son John age 20, farmer born ohio
Dau. Susan,18, born Ohio
Son(Thomas?) age 16,farmer born Ohio
Dau. Mary E.? age 4, born Ohio
Son age 12, born ohio I have in the family records the following children for John:
Jane b1838,John b 1839,Susan b 1842,Thomas b 1843,Elizabeth born 1845 and william b 1848
i have some info on a early john Kinnamont which has a son Levi but has them residing in North Carolina.i will attach some things. send me your email and i will send you what i have. Levi is tough as his name doesn't really come up much.I do know he moved to Ohio in 1840 and was in the maryland Militia in the war of 1812.

Posted: 27 Apr 2010 11:31PM GMT
Hi caroline. I will send you my kinnamon links.Mary Hfer
here is my email
hofers@olypen.com

Posted: 28 Apr 2010 3:35AM GMT
Mary,
Thank you. I sent an email.
Linda

Posted: 12 Jul 2012 8:18PM GMT
I know that your original message was some time ago but I thought I would ask this question: the generally accepted birth date for John Kinnamont was 1640 in Dundee, Angus, Scotland. But, it has been commonly stated that he arrived in Maryland in 1654 with a wife, Anne, and two sons, John and Patrick. It sounds a bit on the imaginary side to think that John had taken a wife and that they had two sons by the time he is 14. Where is my thinking wrong?? Lew
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions