Search for content in message boards

Archibald Pearce born abt. 1842

Archibald Pearce born abt. 1842

Posted: 10 Jan 2006 12:40AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: PEARCE
I am looking for information on Archibald Pearce from North Carolina. I know that he was in the Civil War and was in the 1st Company and 1st Regiment of the North Carolina Infantry. He was 20 years old Jan 21, 1862 when he entered the service. I believe that he might be my g.g.g. grandfather. My grandmother sent away for his military records, that I have the copies of. Unfortunately my grandmother had a stroke about a year ago and no one else in the family can tell me how we are related.

Re: Archibald Pearce born abt. 1842

Posted: 11 Jan 2006 12:05PM GMT
Surnames: Rogers, Baker, Perry, Timberlake, Pearce, Doyle, Watkins, Wright, Faulkner and so many others
Hey Claudia
Archibald was in Company I (Letter i), 1ST Regt. not First Company. My grandfather was also in the Company I. I know Archibald was captured at Gettysburg on July 4, 1863. I have other info but to link you to him I will need to know who your grandfather is etc.. You can E-mail me privately if you wish at Pwright21@nc.rr.com.
Preston
Louisburg, Franklin County, NC

Claudia (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jan 2006 2:11PM GMT
Thank you for that information. It is really hard to read the Civil War Muster Rolls that I have copies of. I knew that he was severly wounded at Ellyson's Mill, VA and then inprisoned at Gettysburg, PA. I have his release date too.

I know that ARCHIBALD is a direct decendant of JOHN J. PEARCE of Franklin Co., NC but I don't know how...I suspect that he is either the father or uncle of JOHN J. He was married to MATTIE W. and they had 10 children. Their first born is my great grandmother, MARY JULIA PEARCE, who married WILLIAM R. HOLDEN my great grandfather. Their first born was CLARA BANE HOLDEN who was my grandmother. She married DAVIS CASWELL CATLETT my grandfather.

Thanks again for the info!

Claudia
Orlando, Orange County, FL

Posted: 11 Jan 2006 5:30PM GMT
Archibald "Baldie" Pearce b/1842 mar. Adaline
SON/ John J Pearce b/Feb,1869 mar Mattie W.
GRAND DAUGHTER/ Mary Julia Pearce b/ Oct. 1889 mar. William R Holden
GREAT GRAND DAUGHTER/ Clara Bane Holden b/abt 1915 mar. Davis Caswell Catlett

What I have is basically what you have. John J was the son of Archibald. I am still reseaching your line. If you have any specific request, please tell me. I'll do my best to look it up.

My gg-grandfather was Manly Clinton Watkins. He was a fellow soldier of your Archibald and they probably knew each other. Companies usually have about 50 to 100 soldiers in them.
Preston

Posted: 19 Apr 2006 6:28PM GMT
Surnames: Pearce, Mitchell
Preston,
Saw your emails about the Pearce's of Franklin Co. I too am a descendant of the Pearces. I come from John and his brother Nathan both!! One is my 4th great-grandfather, the other is my 3rd gr-grandfather.
My 2nd great grandfather was in the 1st NC Regiment, Company I also. Yes, they were related and most likely knew each other before the war. My gr-gr grandfather was Sidney Richard Mitchell. He was born in 1844 and entered the war at age 17. He married Nancy Pearce in 1862 in Franklin Co.
Where is this Archibald Pearce in the line? I have TONS of Pearce info but don't see him.
Phyllis

Victoria (View posts)
Posted: 8 May 2006 12:09AM GMT
Surnames: Pearce, Pierce, Merritt, Pleasants, Williams, Morris
Phyllis,
I see you have "TONS of Pearce info". Might you have anything on a William Pearce (Pierce) born abt. 1814, married to Wyatt from Franklin Co.? Children listed as Sacarisa, Silvanus, Susan, Bejamin, Levi, William Fenner, Ann, Atlas G., Frances A. and Isaac.

Thanks very much.

sandy (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jul 2006 7:43AM GMT
Surnames: Pearce
Franklin Co marriage bond: 17 Dec 1865: Archibald Pearce to Adaline PRIVET; Clem Alford, bm; married by W.S. Cheves (Cheaves), JP.

This Archibald/ "Baldie"/ "Baldy"/ appears to be the son of John Jackson Pearce & Jane ____? who are in Wake Co. in 1850 (Cross Roads District) and 1860 (North Eastern Division).
Possibly Jane is Jane/Jiney Alford..... there is a Wake Co. marr. bond which seems to fit - dated 29 Nov 1831, John Pearce Jr. to Jiney Alford, Timothy Barham bondsman.

"Baldy" Pearce is shown age 11 in 1850, then age 18 in 1860, but there is no doubt this is the same family.

Other children of John Jackson Pearce & Jane (per the 1850 & 1860 censuses):
Allison (male) b ca 1832; Bryant (b ca 1836); Calvin (b ca 1836 - shown same age, 14, as Bryant in 1850; shown age 20 in 1860; possibly these were twins, but Bryant is not in the household in 1860); Richard b ca 1846; James b ca 1848.
Also in the household both in 1850 & 1860 is a Lotty Pearce, b ca 1825, who could be a sister to John Jackson Pearce.

John, Jane, Alison & James are residing together in Wake Co/ Wake Forest Twp/ in 1870. Archibald & wife Adaline, along with Junius (2) &
William 2? months, are in Franklinton Twp, Franklin Co.

Hope this helps.

-Sandy
(descendant of Haley Pearce who md Martha Pearce 10 Sept 1816, Franklin Co.)

sandy (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jul 2006 7:49AM GMT
Surnames: Pearce
Franklin Co marriage bond: 17 Dec 1865: Archibald Pearce to Adaline PRIVET; Clem Alford, bm; married by W.S. Cheves (Cheaves), JP.

This Archibald/ "Baldie"/ "Baldy"/ appears to be the son of John Jackson Pearce & Jane ____? who are in Wake Co. in 1850 (Cross Roads District) and 1860 (North Eastern Division).
Possibly Jane is Jane/Jiney Alford..... there is a Wake Co. marr. bond which seems to fit - dated 29 Nov 1831, John Pearce Jr. to Jiney Alford, Timothy Barham bondsman.

See my other message w/i this thread. Hope this helps.

Posted: 9 Jun 2009 10:05PM GMT
Surnames: Pierce/Richardson/Beeler/ McCarty/Sloan/Smith/Clements
Does anyone who is researching have a John Pierce/Pearce who was born in 1770, or 1772, and was married to Martha _?_. They were both from North Carolina, probably married in North Carolinab efore 1799. I have searched for his line for years and would love to know his parents. Brenda (Pierce) Adamson

Posted: 15 Sep 2009 7:27PM GMT
There is a great book now available called 'Franklin County Heritage North Carolina, Vol I, 2008, that has a article on your Archibale. I am also related to this Pearce family. Let me know if I can help.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions