Search for content in message boards

Samuel, William Gay, in PA

Samuel, William Gay, in PA

LG Stryker (View posts)
Posted: 17 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am searching for Samuel Gay, b.PA 1785+/-, and his son,William b. either PA or OH, 1823. They moved to KY, TN and AL.If anyone out there is also researching this line, perhaps we can join forces.

Re: Samuel, William Gay, in PA

Posted: 31 Jul 2003 1:11PM GMT
Edited: 20 Jan 2006 2:00PM GMT
Is there a chance that Samuel Gay had a brother Andrew W. Gay b. 1797 in PA.. His wife was Elizabeth and there's 18 children in this family and it looks like the second one is Samuel b.1822 PA. This family move to Ohio and other places, It seems that they all didn't stay together and I've found out that a bunch of them died in a very short time of one another and they was not all from being old. I'm looking for any help that I can get and it will be appreciated , thank you,

Carl Woods

Re: Samuel, William Gay, in PA

Posted: 18 Sep 2013 3:13PM GMT
My linage trace goes back from myself to Andrew Jackson Gay, to Thomas Harold Gay Jr, to Thomas Harold Gay to William Gay to Samuel Gay. My last record in the census is 1850 in Clarke County, KY apparently working at the Star Furnaces. They moved to Clarksville, TN at Samuel is listed living with William there, next they are in Silver Creek, Ala, then to Rome, Ga. I live in Calhoun Ga, and i have pictures of Mary Ann (Ross) Gays tombstone on Hwy 53 near Rome, Ga. I need info on where Samuel Gay was prior to 1850 with a definite link to his father if possible. Thanks
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions