Re:African American Grigsby's of Louisiana

Posted: 15 May 2011 9:24PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Grigsby
This post was deleted by the author on 25 Sep 2011 12:50AM GMT

Posted: 3 Jul 2011 2:01AM GMT
Hi there! my grandmother is Carrie Grigsby Harris Martin Uncle Onzlow's sister. I talk to Scat (Charlesetta)your Auntie, all the time. She has sent me lots of pictures including the grave site of Grandfather and Grandmother Jesse and Rosie. I am glad to hear from you and that our
is trying to make connections also.

Posted: 24 Sep 2011 3:20PM GMT
Edited: 24 Sep 2011 3:22PM GMT
My name is Linda White, Mother Glinnie Carter, grandmother Flossie, or Alforence (grigsby)Carter,her father Jessie and mother Rose. One day hope to met you. Was in Homer in 2003, saw the church, and shared with my mother before she passed in 2003. She had lot of stories about being there. She grew up in the house with Jessie and the family. They called my mother .monkey. She said that Rose was Indian if I REMEMBER RIGHT.SHE TALKED ABOUT HER LONG HAIR. if this is correct please let me know.She died it the house and is buried on the land. hope to hear from you soon.

Posted: 28 Sep 2011 7:49AM GMT
Hi Linda, thank you for responding. I'm Barbara from Oakland, we used to visit Fresno all the time during the summer; you might remember us. We always stayed with Sug and her husband, and Aunt Berda and Uncle Bill Chapman. I only remember Skeeda because of her name. I've tried to get to Lousiana but haven't gotten there yet; I want to get more information about my Grandmother Carrie who was Flossie's sister. Please stay in touch with me. Do you have a email address?

Posted: 1 Oct 2011 4:07AM GMT
Hey cousin: I am the one call Jeanie boo. My mother is Glinnie.Are you all the ones with thew pretty eyes. I so miss the old days.My email is mrs_linda_white@aol.com or earlfitz38@aol.com hope to hear from you.

Posted: 2 Oct 2011 12:23AM GMT
Surnames: Grigsby, Harris, Martin
Hi cousin, Thank you for responding. I will reply from now on via your email address. I forgot to mention Glendetta Conley, who I have corresponded with a couple of times. if I'm right she should be your neice? She said her grandmother Glennie had been working with her on the family
background before she passed away. That should mean Aunt Flossie would have been her great grandmother, am I right? There are pictures of Clarence Grigsby and his family on Ancestry.com along with a very young picture Flossie holding a flower vase. Have you seen it? You have my email address now please respond there. Thanks!

Posted: 6 Oct 2011 5:29PM GMT
Glendetta is my daughter

Posted: 6 Jan 2012 4:26PM GMT
Glendetta is my daughter

Posted: 5 Aug 2012 10:54AM GMT
Surnames: Cox, Hallaway
I am looking for descendants of Alexander Cox born abt 1875, Jannie Cox born abt 1878, Wilson Cox born abt 1872 and Lula Hallaway born abt 1872. They were born in Mississippi but in the late 1800's Census they lived in Richland Parish, LA with their parents Agustus and Emily Cox. Their Grandpartents were Claiborne born 1810 in NC and Francis Cox born 1820 in VA and they lived in Newton, MS. After the late 1800's Census, I cannot find any more information on them. But, i strongly believe they still have descendants living in Richland Parish, LA.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions