Search for content in message boards

Thomas Radford

Thomas Radford

Posted: 3 Feb 2009 3:43PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Radford
Hello all UK Radfords I am looking for a lead to a Thomas Radford born c1790's Nottingham UK had issue, a son John Radford born 1826 who married Sarah Webster 1854 in Rushall one of their Issue was a Bradbury John Radford, I am stuck at moment can anyone help ? regards DavidRadford59

Re: Thomas Radford

Posted: 12 Sep 2010 9:35AM GMT
I have a amy radford that is said to have married into the price family.she is on thomas price death certificate as being is wife cant find marrage though.the price family came from beeston nottingham.

Posted: 12 Sep 2010 12:01PM GMT
hello gwing1966 thank you for your reply I too have an Amy Radford and I thought I'd got my information correct that she had married a Thomas Price but this Amy Radford was born in london which is what Ive been told by another researcher my Amy was born in Sutton in Nottinghamshire.regards Dave

Posted: 23 May 2012 4:53PM GMT
Hi there just letting you know that there are 2 suttons in Nottinhamshire. One is Sutton-on-Trent and the other Sutton-in-Ashfield. My immediate family on mydads side are from Huthwaite, sutton-in- Ashfield area and i've only just started to research my tree but if you want to look for any possible connections please feel free to view what i've got up to now.

Posted: 4 Jul 2012 1:03PM GMT
I Have in my family tree here in New Zealand. John Radford b. 1826 of Garsington, Oxfordshire, died 1900 Gebbies Valley, Banks Peninsula,NZ who married a Sarah.
Their children were, Harriett, John Thomas1850-1930, Joseph1851-1921, Harry, Eva, Thomas,George.
They came to New Zealand and settled in Banks Peninsula in the Christchurch area of Canterbury.
John Thomas Radford married Christina (McQueen my branch) and they had 13 Radford children. Do you think this maybe your family or is it the wrong area.

Posted: 4 Jul 2012 8:46PM GMT
Hi Radarstag thank you for your reply, a lot of my Radford's were born \ worked in the coal mines in Nottingham, they mainly lived in and around Sutton in Ashfield, so there may be a possibility that we have some links but Ive not really had time to view your tree propery so am not sure at present ive researched my Radford's and it appears we originally came from Devonshire, havent got time now but perhaps at the wk- end my email address is
darad1951@hotmail.com perhaps we can help each other regards Dave Radford

Posted: 11 Jul 2012 3:57PM GMT
I live in Garsington and have a Radford in my family. I have not found a connection to the Garsington Radfords as yet but I have not tried too hard. My Radfords come from Stanton St John or Albury and Waterstock (these are all down the road from Garsington.

Stephen Radford b 1796 married Mary Butler they moved from Stanton St John to Charlton on Otmoor (not too far away) all in oxfordshire.

Please look at: faces.oxfordshire.org.uk where there are some pictures of Stephen Radford and Catherine Radford. They are all too close to not be related somehow.

Thomas Radford married Sarah Mortimer.

Let me know what you think.

Linda West

Posted: 16 Aug 2012 10:18PM GMT
Sorry for not replying, I found my Thomas Radford he was born in Norwell Nottingham in 1797, he was a farmer of 16 acres of land, his wife was an Elizabeth Taylor born 1793 they married on 27th Jan 1824 in Treswell Nottinghamshre England, if I can help you please reply to this thread, my Radford's originated from Devonshire, and spread into Derbyshire, & Nottingham. Regards Dave Radford

Posted: 16 Aug 2012 10:26PM GMT
H, sorry for not replying sooner I found my Thomas Radford in Norwell Nottinghamshire England -- born 1797 married an Elizabeth Tayor she was born 1793. regards Dave Radford
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions