Search for content in message boards

Indianna/Wisconsin/Chemnitz Germany Weiss

Indianna/Wisconsin/Chemnitz Germany Weiss

Posted: 21 Jan 2004 11:16PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Weiss, Kramer, Lasch, Koehler
Searching for a continuation of the Weiss (living and past), centered around Friedrich Ferinand Weiss (b. 1878) and his wife Anna Auguste Kramer, who came to America in early1900s with his borthers Emil and Ewald. Others in their family, including his father, also Friedrich Ferdinand (b. 1849), and mother, Emilie Adelheld Lasch, remained in Germany, eg. Max, Marie, Zilla, and Anna. An interesting side note, Anna's sister Marie had a son named Eric who served on the eastern front and died shortly after becoming a Russian POW. Someone assisting may also be interested to know I have a working trace (meaning unverified) that links Weiss with Koehler and several other famalies that lived in the Chemnitz area.

Re: Indianna/Wisconsin/Chemnitz Germany Weiss

Posted: 22 Feb 2005 9:10PM GMT
Edited: 26 Oct 2006 10:02PM GMT
Started researching the Weiss family recently. Found that Christian F. Weiss, married to Martha Vogel, came to the US in about mid 1860s. first spent time in Ohio and later lived in Evanston IL. They came from the Chemnitz Germany area. don't know if any connection.

Richard Becker (View posts)
Posted: 17 Mar 2005 4:09PM GMT
While I have not uncovered a Vogel connection, the towns might make a difference. The family(families) seemed to have been tied to Dittersdorf, Gelenau, and Weisa. Could be we share a common branch. Please feel free to e-mail me and we'll see if there is a connection.

leah macdonald (View posts)
Posted: 5 Apr 2005 4:23PM GMT
in reply to your post we are also doing family research on the Weiss family and have a lot they came from germany or russia and if you e-mail me maybe we can find a connection know some are in canada and some in u.s.a hope to hear fromyou
leah

Richard Becker (View posts)
Posted: 11 May 2005 3:39PM GMT
Surnames: Weiss, Kramer, Findeisen, Lasch
I did respond vvia e-mail, but for anyone else interested, my response included: I do know that my line of Weiss's came from Gelenau, Chemitz, Germany. Some of the other towns include Kamtau, Gornsdorf, Dittersdorf, Schoenfeld, Weisa and other towns around the the Black Forrest. While I have not come across a Russian connection, it is very possible.

A couple other names associated with Weiss, include: Weiss, Kramer, Findeisen, Lasch
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions