Search for content in message boards

Prahlow Information

Prahlow Information

Posted: 22 Feb 2010 11:09AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Prahlow and Schutlze
I am trying to find out information about Charles and Dorothea (Schutzle) Prahlow. They were my great grandparents. I know that Charles immigrated from Germany, but am unsure of the town and who is parents were. I would also like to learn more about Dorothea as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Jennifer

Re: Prahlow Information

Posted: 22 Feb 2010 7:24PM GMT
Surnames: PRAHLOW
Hi Jennifer:

Found a few things on a quick search:

- Ancestry has an obit for an Evelyn Prahlow Lipscomb, daughter of Charles and Dorothy, who died in 2001

- A search on the Italian Genealogy Group NYC death index shows a Howard Prahlow, age 3, who died in the Bronx in 1908

- Charles and Dorothy appear in the 1910 census in the Bronx, with 4 of 5 children living.

Ordering the certificate might give you clues about Charles' hometown. Good luck!

Bryan Healy

Posted: 23 Feb 2010 7:44PM GMT
Surnames: Prahlow
Brian,

Thank you for your help, especially with finding a year on Howard Prahlow. We could not find any info on him. What certificate are you referring to that I should order? I really would like to know where Charles was born.

Thanks again for your help.

Jennifer

Posted: 23 Feb 2010 9:08PM GMT
Hi Jennifer:

If you go to the italiangen.org website (They are the Italian Genealogy Group of N.Y.C.), and look under vital records, you will see the New York City Death Index. That is where I got the information.

You can either go in person to the New York City Municipal Archives (31 Chambers Street) to get the certificate or send a request by mail.

Bryan
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions