Search for content in message boards

TYREE

TYREE

ROD BROSIUS (View posts)
Posted: 10 Mar 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query

DAVID TYREE, WHAT WAS HIS FIRST WIFE'S NAME. DAVID BORN 1785/6 IN WILKES CO., N.C...KNOWN CHILDREN...WILLIAM TYREE, JAMES TYREE, JESSE TYREE

Re: TYREE

ROD BROSIUS (View posts)
Posted: 14 Mar 1998 12:00PM GMT

My Tyree's were from Va. (Spotsylvania Co.)??no positive proof of this__a William Tyree married a Smith there__his son John Tyree inherited some land in Va__he sold his land and moved to__Pittisylvania Co.??__and from there to Wilks Co., NC. His will named my (1G-GRF) DAVID TYREE. DAVID TYREE moved to SCOTT CO., VA.__ his first wife was RACHEL ROGERS (Indian??)__according to family tradition__in the 1850 census he had remarried and had a new family. My (GRF), JESSE TYREE owned land next to him. All of my research only shows the male children__WILLIAM TYREE, JAMES TYREE, JESSE TYREE, & DAVID TYREE JR. He had dauthters listed in the 1840 census, but I don't know their names. DAVID TYREE married a second time to a NANCY JONES, and had, BRITIAN, LUATTA, PATTERSON, ARTA, EMALINE, SALLY, JOSEPH, AND VOUAL. JAMES TYREE stayed in Scott Co., Va.__WILLIAM & JESSE moved to ROCKCASTLE CO., KY. DAVID SR. & DAVID JR. moved to Letcher Co., Ky. My father JESSE TYREE was born 3 Jan 1856 in ROCKCASTLE CO., KY. He married a LILLY ALICE BLOOMER, and had 12 children. He married a second time to a MARTHA VANATTA, no children resulted from this marriage. He married a 3rd time to a MARGARET SUSAN HOOVER. Three children resulted from this marriage, CALVIN, JOHN, & ROY SYLVESTER TYREE. I was adopted and my name was changed from ROY SLYVESTER TYREE to RODNEY ROY BROSIUS.

TYREE/TYRA/TIREY, WALLEN/WALDEN/WALLIN, WISEMAN, ESTES, COVEY, COPE, OSBORNE, NOTHCUTT,HOLLON,GIBBS

Edited: 22 Jun 2001 5:12PM GMT

I have two direct TYREE lines, sometimes the spelling was TIREY/TIRE/TYREE/TYRA. One was Polly TIRE born around 1814 North Carolina, her parents were from there too. Polly [Mary] had married Eli SIMPKINS in 1831 Morgan Co. KY, her brother, John TYRA was born in VA, he married Sally GIBBS, they married in Morgan Co. KY and were listed on the 1840 Breathitt, he was not listed on the 1860 Breathitt, but, his wife and children were, his children were listed in Powell, Owsley, Wolfe, Breathitt and Lee Co. KY, his sons md into the families of WOODs and PENCEs, and LANDSAW. Polly and children went to 1850 Breathitt Co. several of her daughters md CAUDILLs, Polly and John had a sister Elizabeth she md James HOLLON they lived in Wolfe and Breathitt, they had ties to Estill Co. KY. I do not know their parents.
My other set of TYREEs were from Madison, Mercer and Estill Co. KY. Anderson TYREE md Elizabeth BUTNER in 1826 Madison Co. they were on the 1850 Mercer and 1860 Estill Co. KY. They had three sons, Adam born c1829 Madison, William and Andrew TYREE.
Adam was my 3rd Grandfather, he married Esther WALLEN daughter of James and Burtha/Rutha WALLEN/WALDEN
from 1850 Estill, this WALLEN tree was from TN, and VA.

Re: TYREE/TYRA/TIREY, WALLEN/WALDEN/WALLIN, WISEMAN, ESTES, COVEY, COPE, OSBORNE, NOTHCUTT,HOLLON,GIBBS

Rebecca Chancey Flora (View posts)
Posted: 27 Mar 1998 12:00PM GMT

Great-Grandmother was Minerva Cope Wilson, husband Lewis L. Wilson of Rockcastle, her parents were Callab and Debby Cope. If this fits in any where let me know. She was born 1881 and died in Villa Grove Ill. I have more info.
but not enougt room to drop it

thank you
Becky Florak you
Becky Flora

Re: TYREE/TYRA/TIREY, WALLEN/WALDEN/WALLIN, WISEMAN, ESTES, COVEY, COPE, OSBORNE, NOTHCUTT,HOLLON,GIBBS

Diana McLendon (View posts)
Posted: 7 Apr 1998 12:00PM GMT

In my family tree, there is a William T.? M.? Wallin whose mother was Louisa Tyree. I don't have any information of Louisa, but William T.? M.? was born in Sep 1852 and was married to Serena Susan Sutton in August 1869.
in August 1869.

Stan Lamerson (View posts)
Posted: 19 Apr 1998 12:00PM GMT

Hi! don't know if this will help but I show James Hollon
(third child of George & Elizabeth) born in Ky 1819 married
Elizabeth(Betsey)Tyra born in VA 1813 they had six children
1.Andrew Jackson b.1843 mar.Frances Elizabeth Campbell.
2.Pauline b.1845 3.William(Black Bill) b.1848 mar. Betsy
(lizzy)Birchfield 4. Rebecca b.1849 5.James b.1854 6.Mary
b.1868.
Stan
b.1868.
Stan

TYREE/TYRA, HOLLON

Posted: 27 Apr 1998 12:00PM GMT
Hi Stan,

Yes, Elizabeth TYRA was a sister to my Polly [Mary] TIRE SIMPKINS [md Eli Simpkins 1831 Morgan Co. KY].
I know these spellings are crazy, and then I have two direct lines of TYREE-TYRA-TIRE-TIREY, one on each of my Dad's parents trees, from KY.
Elizabeth and James HOLLON had a grandson, James HOLLON who married a grand-daughter of Polly's [Rosy SIMPKINS [she was born in Wolfe Co. listed on Breathitt Co. KY] I found later several HOLLONS intermarried into other cousin lines of my Grandfather.
Elizabeth and Polly had a brother John TYRA who married Sally GIBBS, they md in Morgan Co. and was listed on the 1840 Breathitt, their children used the spelling TYREE, lived in Powell, Wolfe and Breathitt Co. Ky.
My other TYREE line was on my Grandmother's tree, from Madison, Mercer, Estill and Menifee Co. KY that went to Breathitt and Lee Co. KY.
My Grandparents were Greenberry Caudill SIMPKINS and Ida Belle OSBORNE md 1904 Breathitt.

Thankyou for the help

Patty

TYREE, WALLEN/WALDEN, OSBORNE

Posted: 27 Apr 1998 12:00PM GMT
I believe there is a tie to the WALLEN and TYREE families that intermarried in Rockcastle Co. KY to my Estill Co. KY group.
James and Rutha/Burtha WALLEN/WALDEN were on the 1840 -1850 Estill Co. Ky, they were in TN before that and VA before that. They were my 4th Great-Grandparents, on the 1840 Estill they had 10 children listed. 1850, they had 5 children listed. Esther born c1829 TN, she married Adam TYREE in 1852 Estill Co. Ky, they were my 3rd. Adam and Esther had a daughter Elizabeth TYREE born c1855 Estill, she married William OSBORNE, they were my Great-Grandparents. This OSBORNE line was from Lee Co. Scott Co. and Russell Co. Va, and in TN, and NC just as the WALLEN and TYREE were from, I found some ties to Rockcastle Co. KY through some of these lines, but, do not know how it all comes together. But, working on it !
Maybe we will find a tie to our lines, I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Thanks,

Patty

ESTES,CROMER,MCCLURE,ROBERTS

Lesley Estes Burke (View posts)
Posted: 15 May 1998 12:00PM GMT
I am searching for my great grandfather E.O. Estes. He died in the early 1920's. Death and burial are unknown. He was married to Lula Prewitt Estes. They are belived to have lived in Rockcastle County.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions