Search for content in message boards

Enoch HITCHCOCK in Steuben County NY

Enoch HITCHCOCK in Steuben County NY

Jerry Baldwin (View posts)
Posted: 8 Mar 2000 8:45PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 2 Oct 2005 11:44PM GMT
Surnames: HITCHCOCK
Searching for ancestors of Enoch HITCHCOCK,born circa 1830, married Adeline Jaynes circa 1850.

Re: Hitchcocks in Steuben County NY

Posted: 3 Mar 2005 8:12PM GMT
Edited: 2 Oct 2005 11:43PM GMT
Surnames: HITCHCOCK
Hello,
I was going through all the messages re: Hitchcock's, and found yours today 3/4/2005. Are you by any chance still out there researching, and if so, have you found any of Enoch's relatives, at all? I think my GGrandfather, Daniel L Hitchcock, is an older brother of Enoch's. Daniel was born between 1827-1828 in NY; married Mary Odell, born in PA, about 1843. In 1880, Daniel and Mary were living in Blossburg, Tioga Cty, PA according to the Census Records that year, with their children, including my Grandfather, Floyd.

If you're still out there, let me know.

Thanks, Mary Lou (Hitchcock) Jensen

Posted: 16 Feb 2010 8:02PM GMT
On the 1865 census for Caton, NY, image 17 of 41 on FamilySearch is an entry for Danl & Mary Hitchcock with a child Dennis age 11/12, I think. The image if faint and hard to read. I can't tell Danl's age but it says Schuyler for county of birth.
On the previous image is the entry for Enoch Hitchcock, also born Schuyler.
I did not go through the entire census for that town. I noticed these while looking for other names.

Posted: 18 Feb 2013 6:10PM GMT
If anyone is still out there, Enoch Hitchcock would be my GGGgrandfather. My father was William Hitchcock, b. 1910, d. 1990. He had 2 brothers, Howard and Arland, both deceased. Their father was Lee Hitchcock b. 1885, d. 1949, his father was Almond Hitchcock, b. 1854, d. 1926 and his father was Enoch Hitchcock. Would love to hear from anyone. Mary Lee Hitchcock Thresher
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions