Search for content in message boards

Dejarlais-DeSherlia-Breden

Dejarlais-DeSherlia-Breden

Posted: 16 Jun 2003 11:21PM GMT
Classification: Query
If I have the right connection,Andrew Jackson Breden married -was it Judith ? Dejarlais???Am very interested if you have anything on Andrew Jackson Breden?I believe he bought the headstone for his father James Breden who is burried in the Wood cemetery. Thank you, Betty

Re: Dejarlais-DeSherlia-Breden

Patricia Stelbrink (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jun 2003 6:28PM GMT
Surnames: Breden, Degerlia
My ggg grandfather was Andrew Jackson Breden. His father was James Breden. Andrew did marry Judith Degerlia. Where is Woods cemetery? I never knew where James Breden was buried. His wife, Mary, is buried in the family cemetery that overlooks my mom and dad's house, even though they divorced and she remarried. Her son, Amassa Cornelius, even lived with Andrew, his half brother, for a time. I would love to share info with you.

Posted: 25 Jun 2003 1:18AM GMT
Edited: 5 Nov 2004 8:15PM GMT
Hi! I am Carol Oelklaus's sister,she and her husband Bob came by your house a yr.or so ago,that is if I have the right family and you showed them the cemetery.
The Wood's cemetery is in Bunker Hill--I believe.I have the written directions but I can't read them as I was trying to write while riding in the back seat.It is on Wood Cem. Rd.WE were unable to find his grave but did find the McPeak Davis graves.
My tie to James Breden is through his son ,Isaac Breden. Isaac married Louisa McPeak.I believe their first child Mary,married James Lyman Clark,hence my grandfather Charles Clark,then moma, Myrtle Clark Bredenbeck and I am one of four daughters,Eileen,Esther,Betty and Carol.
Isaac Breden drowned in the Mississippi river about 1857.
They lived in the Otter Creek area,and settling the estate or paying bills it looked like it could have been in Elisa???
James lost several of his children,according to his will,and I do have that.Not sure what yr.James and Mary divorced but he married Cynthia Ann Barrow in 1836 and had more children.
Would love to share with you,and hope to gain more info.
You know Bob drove to that cemetery maybe he could tell you
how to get there.
Just recently found out that Cynthia Barrow Breden is burried at Shaws Point ,she was 92yrs.old.
James died March 10,1863
CynthiaDied Dec.20,1910
Betty

Patricia Stelbrink (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jun 2003 4:38AM GMT
Surnames: Breden
Thanks for the quick reply! Was Isaac a child of Mary Davis or Cynthia Barrow? I have more info on the Davis Family. Of course, i got it off of ancestry.com, so you could have the same info, or could even have been the one to post it. I will talk to my aunt again about the family history. She has more of the Breden history than I do. I know that we hailed from Londonderry in Ireland, from what I remember. They travelled with an aunt and her brother, I believe they were Elizabeth (or Mary, I still have to check) and James Dysart. They lived in VA and then moved to TN. I will let you know as soon as I find out more from my aunt. Also, could I get a copy of James' will? Or could you tell me where you found it at. I still live in Calhoun County, but I doubt the will is held here. Also, you mentioned Elisa, but I think you could have meant Elsa, it's a little town near here that is near the river, near Grafton, just down the road from Alton. If you have anything specific you are looking for, let me know. It's nice getting in contact with family!

Posted: 12 Apr 2011 8:30PM GMT
Patricia - you have lots of info and we are definitely related. Please e-mail me directly, so we can share family.

Sharon Breden
sbreden@att.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions