Search for content in message boards

DNA testing - male or female - descendants of George Faust (1764-1825) Penn.

DNA testing - male or female - descendants of George Faust (1764-1825) Penn.

Posted: 19 Apr 2012 3:25AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Faust, Christman, Hill
I'm looking for fellow researchers and descendants of George Faust, son of Johann Adam Faust and Anna Louisa Strauch. George was b. 1764 in Berks Co., Pa and d. 1825 in Perry Co., Pa. He m1. Maria Barbara Hill and had 4 ch. He m2 Elisabeth Christman and had 9 ch.

I'm interested in learning more about George and his family. I have also taken the Family Finder genetic test and would like to confirm my relation to George and Anna. Please contact me if you've taken the test, or the 23&me test, or would be interested in confirming your research -- good for males and females, only need to be a descendant.

Chris

Re: DNA testing - male or female - descendants of George Faust (1764-1825) Penn.

Posted: 14 Jul 2012 2:44AM GMT
would you know a Judith Fasut that is about 74 years old who lived in Evanston, ILL in 1956???? thanks

Re: DNA testing - male or female - descendants of George Faust (1764-1825) Penn.

Posted: 15 Jul 2012 11:52AM GMT
SORRY, I DON'T KNOW ANY, MURIEL CARTER[FAUST]

Posted: 20 Feb 2013 12:14AM GMT
Edited: 20 Feb 2013 1:07AM GMT
Surnames: Faust, Hendrix
Do you have the names of George Faust's children? My 3g grandmother was Elizabeth (Faust) Hendrix. She was born approx. 1812 in Ohio. She married William Hendrix, a German immigrant, sometime before 1838. Their first child, Peter, was born in 1838 in Indiana (per census records). Their other children (Lewis, Susan, Felix, Mary, and George) were all born in IL. They are in the Lawrence Co., IL, census records from 1850 on. I am wondering if my Elizabeth might be a granddaughter to your George. William and Elizabeth settled in IL with other German families who had also been in PA previously.

A male from my line has done DNA testing, but I'm not sure what kind of test he had done. His test may have just looked at his male line, I'm not sure.

Posted: 2 Apr 2013 12:46AM GMT
folks on Faust-Foust Family History facebook have been taking DNA tests. Good site for info.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/103405339720286/

Posted: 2 Apr 2013 4:07AM GMT
Great tip! I just requested to join the group. Thanks,

Posted: 30 Sep 2013 3:13AM GMT
Surnames: Foust, Amaden, Copeland,

Hello-I did a ydna through familytreedna and manually entered the results into Ancestry. My markers matched several Amaden, Faust, Foust, Mitchell, Myers, Copeland, etc. How could I match so many names? I know nothing about my paternal line. I live in Maryland. I don't know where my grandfather was conceived but probably Maryland, PA, or Colorado. Do you know anything about Faust men in these three locations? I have two sixth cousin Forshee and Forshey matches from Virginia and Maryland. I have a few distant Foust matches from PA and New York. Do any of these matches that I have make any sense to you? I also recently spoke with a docent at the Life Saving Museum in Ocean City, Maryland and they sent me a picture of a Mr. Faust who one the 1928 Sailing Cup on a ship named "Melinda." He was a man of at the least seventy years. I find that very interesting. Let me know what you think, please. Thank you.

Posted: 30 Sep 2013 7:57PM GMT
Hi Jordan,
Thanks for sharing what you have. The reason your yDNA matched so many names is because yDNA mutates at a very slow rate. Surnames became established in the 1400-1500 time frame in England. You'll notice that on your ancestry.com page of matches a column that says MRCA - that means Most Recent Common Ancestor. For me, my first few matches are at 9, 17, and 18. If you assume one generation is about 25 years, then the common ancestor would be about 225 years (~1788), 425 years (~1588) and 450 years (~1538). None of these folks share a common surname with me and I have confirmed my surname with other yDNA matches with the same surname. So either these folks have a mistake in their family tree or the connection we have is a bit further back than predicted (most likely the case).
I'm a bit confused on your last name - is it Faust or Jones? If you can give me your grandfather's name, where he died and how old he was I might be able to help you figure out where you fit in.
Feel free to contact me directly at chris (at) amaden (dot) com.

Chris
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions