Search for content in message boards

Kentucky Townsend Family

Kentucky Townsend Family

Audrey Mosley (View posts)
Posted: 10 Sep 2000 11:22AM GMT
Hello:
If you know of the Kentucky Townsend's please contact me. They are related to the Texas Townsend family.

Kentucky Townsends

Posted: 15 Sep 2000 11:35AM GMT
Edited: 15 Jul 2001 8:49PM GMT
hi Audrey. The line of Townsends that i have been researching are from Dixon, KY (Webster County). There seems to have been quite a few Townsends in this area. I don't have anything on your specific names yet. But there are a few good geneological websites that Webster County maintains that has a lot of historical family info from that area. I would suggest you check this out first. Theresa

Kentucky TOWNSENDS

Elizabeth Townsend Weisman (View posts)
Posted: 16 Sep 2000 1:36AM GMT
I am a descendant of the Kentucky-Texas TOWNSENDS. I have basic info on surname,(names, birth/death dates,etc) I would love to hear from other family members and share/give info,etc.

webster co ky townsends

Posted: 18 Sep 2000 12:20PM GMT
Edited: 22 Nov 2002 11:13PM GMT
Hi Theresa; Believe there are three different lines of Townsends in Hopkins/Webster Co KY. Have been tracing the Person Co NC Townsends. Could we be working on the same line?

Kentucky Townsends

Posted: 18 Sep 2000 8:56PM GMT
hello! to be honest at this point, I am not sure which Townsend line of the three I am researching.

My great grandfather was John Louis Townsend (1879-1930). He was born in Dixon (Webster County) and died in St. Louis, Mo. That is all I know and due to some family scandals and problems, none of his four sons (who have since died) ever talked in detail about the Townsend family. Am looking into death certificates and social security applications for family info that might lead me to John Louis Townsend's parents.

How successful have you been in locating info on your Townsend line? theresa

Kentucky Townsends

Posted: 18 Sep 2000 8:58PM GMT
hello? Where are your Townsends in Kentucky located? Mine are located in Western Kentucky- Dixon, KY (Webster County). theresa

Kentucky Townsends

Posted: 19 Sep 2000 1:38PM GMT
Edited: 22 Nov 2002 11:13PM GMT
Hi! Sorry, Theresa, no John Louis Townsend in my line of Townsends. Have worked back to Virginia through Person Co NC on my line and then everything stops. O. T.

Susanna Townsend

Posted: 20 Sep 2000 1:38PM GMT
Edited: 15 Apr 2006 1:06AM GMT
She was married to Thomas Hawkins and had my gmother Flossie Hawkins in Milton Ky. in 1894. Please tell me you know of her.
My email is wingsounds@aol.com

Ky Townsend

Jon Townsend (View posts)
Posted: 26 Sep 2000 3:47PM GMT
It is my understanding that we are kin to
some Texas Townsends. A few years ago there
was some talk of major oil money that was to
be shared by blood kin line. Lawyers sold us
out I think. I am in Lexington. Feel free to
email me. Jon

Kentucky TOWNSEND

Elizabeth Townsend Weisman (View posts)
Posted: 27 Sep 2000 4:43PM GMT
Hi, my particular line of Kentucky-Texas
TOWNSENDS include Madison and Logan,Kentucky
also Madison, Florida, and Cleburn, Eastland,
Wylie, and Clearlake, Collin, Texas. anyone wanting to share info or talk, please email me at elizabethweisman@hotmail.com
please email me theresa!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic