Search for content in message boards

Josiah (Joseph) Lankford of Stokes Co, NC

Josiah (Joseph) Lankford of Stokes Co, NC

Posted: 20 Jan 2005 4:10AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 19 Sep 2005 7:24PM GMT
Surnames: Lankford, Smith
Hi E Lockhart,

From the marriage of Josiah (Joseph) Lankford, born in 1832 in Stokes Co, NC and Sarah Ann (Sally) Smith about the same time came 9 offspring:

1) Nancy Jane Lankford, born 1854 in Stokes Co, NC;
2) Margaret S Lankford, born 1855 in Stokes Co, NC (this is
the line where you come from; family records indicate that
she died young in her sleep);
3) Letitia Lankford, born 1857 in Stokes Co, NC;
4) William A Lankford, born 1858 in Stokes Co, NC;
5) Peter F Lankford, born 1859 in Stokes Co, NC;
6) Josiah Lankford, Jr, born 1862 in Stokes Co, NC;
7) Oliva A Lankford, born 1866 in Stokes Co, NC;
8) James Henry Lankford, born 24 Oct 1869 in Tazewell Co,
Va, died 23 Feb 1956 in Meadows of Dan, Va;
and 9) Wallace Lankford, born 1871 in Tazewell Co, Va.

The reason that there is more information provided on James Henry Lankford is that he was my Grandmother Dosia Alifair Lankford's father. She was born 16 Sep 1898 in Richlands, Va, died 27 Sep 1996 in Santa Rosa, Ca. She also had a brother William (Bill) Lankford, born 1890 in Tazewell Co, Va; a brother Frank B Lankford, born Feb 1893 in Tazewell Co; a brother Fred Lankford, born May 1895 in Tazewell Co, Va; and a sister Roxie Lankford, born about 1906.

Re: Josiah (Joseph) Lankford of Stokes Co, NC

Posted: 20 Jan 2005 4:57AM GMT
Edited: 19 Sep 2005 7:24PM GMT
Surnames: Lankford
Josiah Lankford is listed in the 1870 census of Tazewell Co. Va. City, Maiden Springs. Do you know if he may have gone back to N.C. before his death. I am a ggg grandaughter of Josiah. I'll be happy to share what information I have. I also have some pictures of James Lankford, and his grandchildren, through his son William Lankford. Please email me at countrytrip@citynet.net I'd be happy to hear from you. Thank You Hillybilly cousin Fran

Re: Lankford; Stokes Co., NC

Posted: 19 Sep 2005 5:33PM GMT
Edited: 12 Jul 2006 12:00AM GMT
Surnames: Lankford, Taylor
i am looking for lankfords in Stokes county, NC. My grandfather, John Grady Lankford was born in 1910. His father was John Wesley Lankford, married to Daisy Taylor. I have not much info at all on these folks. Anything is appreciated. Thanks Tonya

Re: Lankford; Stokes Co., NC

Dave Johnson (View posts)
Posted: 19 Sep 2005 10:45PM GMT
Edited: 20 Sep 2005 11:37AM GMT
Surnames: Lankford, White
Hi Tonya,

I am not familiar with John Grady Lankford. He may be a cousin to one of the Lankford branches that I'm working with and may possibly be Josiah and Sally's grandchild. I have the 10 children listed that are Josiah and Sally's but unfortunately, outside of James Henry Lankford and his wife Mary Jane White, I have come up empty in filling in the rest of the Lankford children except for some of the spouses. Hopefully, something will come up shortly but otherwise, I am unable to link John Grady Lankford to my Lankfords at this time.

Dave Johnson

Re: Josiah (Joseph) Lankford of Stokes Co, NC

Posted: 17 Aug 2007 12:53AM GMT
Surnames: lankford, Dykes
Do you have any info on Susannah Lankford who married William Dykes in NC or possibly VA. They moved to Hawkins Co., TN. She is my GGGGGM. Thanks...john Dykes...jhdykes@gmail.com....
per page

Find a board about a specific topic