Search for content in message boards

Pardoe family

Pardoe family

Sue (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 19 Jun 2006 9:34PM GMT
Surnames: PARDOE
Hi, I am searching for families with the surname Pardoe. I was born Susan Pardoe in Birmingham UK, and later lived in Sutton Coldfield before moving to Australia in 1979. I trained as an SRN at East Birmingham Hospital, now know as Heartlands Hospital, and prior to that attended Riland-Bedford High School in Sutton, and Sutton Coldfield College.
If anyone knows of any Pardoe's out there in the UK,or anyone I went to school with, please contact me, I would love to hear from you.......
Cheers, Sue

Your surname & mine!!

Neal Pardoe (View posts)
Posted: 10 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Pardoe
Well, strangley & coincendently I have found your meassage posted on this site!! Me & a friend we'ere looking up the name augier....& from that entered my name Pardoe...so there is at least one other pardoe out here, although the amount of links to other pardoes, suggests there are many more...I was born in Smethwick, Staffordshire......where were you born?

Re Pardoe

Sue Clapton nee' Pardoe (View posts)
Posted: 11 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Hi Neil, Thanks for the mail and nice to meet another Pardoe. I was born in Birmingham and immigrated to Australia in 1979. I am currently researching my family tree and trust me there are literally hundreds of Pardoe's all over the world, especially in the USA. Anyway I used to live in Handsworth not far from Smethwick so i know the area. Never know we could be related. I was always led to believe that my grandfather was an only child, but have just discovered that he had a sister too and I have managed to track down her youngest son which was excellent.With the help of a friend in Birmingham I have managed to go back to my great great great great grandfather who was born in Worcestershire in 1830. So after all this time I have managed to find some of my Pardoe roots. Do you know the names of any of your grandparents or great great grandparents? Would be interesting to see if we are related.
Cheers, Sue Clapton nee'Pardoe.

Re: Pardoe

Lee Haley (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jul 2001 12:19AM GMT
Edited: 19 Jun 2006 9:35PM GMT
Surnames: PARDOE, ROWLES
Hi Sue,

I live in Australia and am researching my husband's family tree. Mike's ggggrandmother was Eliza Pardoe who was born about 1828 in Worcestershire, England to Joseph and Sarah. Eliza married William Rowles in 1855 in Worcestershire. They both died in Hope, Flintshire.

I would be keen to hear from you if you think there's any connection.

Lee

Posted: 9 Aug 2001 9:33AM GMT
Edited: 19 Jun 2006 9:35PM GMT
Hi,

My g grandmother was a Mary Pardoe, born Nov 15 1849 in Claines, Worcester. Her father was a Samuel Pardoe, born April 9 1818 in Salwarpe, Worcester. He had a brother Charles
born Dec 15 1824. Their father was Charles and mother was Mary. Beyond that I can't go.

Mary had a lot of brothers and sisters whom i am trying to trace but so far it is a bit uphill. Best of luck with your searches.

Jane

Posted: 11 Sep 2001 1:31AM GMT
Edited: 19 Jun 2006 9:36PM GMT
Jane,
I am researching my gggrandfather Charles Pardoe. I know he was from Warwickshire and his birthday is 10/24/1844. I suspect he might be Samuel's brother as their birthdays are quite close. I saw another post of yours where you had some additional information about the family. I've just started my search and would be interested in any help you could provide.

Thanks in advance
Kristen

Kevin Pardoe (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jan 2002 6:14PM GMT
Edited: 19 Jun 2006 9:36PM GMT
I'm just starting to look at my family history.Had a number of relatives in the Coughton area of Warwickshire including a charles Pardoe Bn.24.10.1844.my G G Grandfather was John Pardoe Bn.21.10.1841. Does this help Kristen?

Re: Re Pardoe

Kristen Haywood (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jan 2002 8:04PM GMT
Oh Kevin, this looks like it's him! The birthdays are an exact match! Can you please e-mail me with any additonal information that you might have about the family? I would certainly appreciate the assistance. I am so excited!

Sue (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jan 2002 5:38PM GMT
Edited: 19 Jun 2006 9:43PM GMT
Surnames: PARDOE, HAMBLE
Hi Jane, I am sure that I have talked to you before regarding ancestory.....have done alot of research since then though. Some of the names that you mention seem to qualify with my details too, and from the same area of worcestershire! Although for me Belbrougton Worcestershire. However many little villageas surrounding the area! You mentioned a Samuel and a Mary, well here are my Sam and Mary.....Samuel Pardoe born 1873, and Mary Jane Pardoe 1869, Mary Jane was ther daughter of Charles pardoe and Anne Hamble who were married in 1842. Charles was the son of my great great great grandfather William. If this rings any bells please let me know because I have so much info!

Sue (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jan 2002 5:53PM GMT
Edited: 19 Jun 2006 9:40PM GMT
Hi, I have just posted Jane too! I have a Charles Pardoe too! From my mentors findings and by certificate......My Charles was born in Belbroughton, Worcestershire, UK in 1871. His parents were Rosamund and William Pardoe. Charles married Ann, and they had Henrietta, Mary Jane, Charles Pardoe, Edwin and Alice Margaret......your grandpa could be the seconed Charles, his son, he was born in 1873
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions