Search for content in message boards

Windsor location in Canada

Windsor location in Canada

Posted: 27 Mar 2004 8:34AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 19 Dec 2012 2:11PM GMT
Can someone tell me where Windsor is located in Canada?
and how to go about finding a record for a marriage?
thank you

Re: Essex Co ON

Posted: 27 Mar 2004 11:55PM GMT
Edited: 28 Mar 2004 3:48PM GMT
I believe Windsor, Ontario is directly across from Detroit in the US. It is in Essex County. You can find more info here on the Essex County web site http://www.rootsweb.com/~onessex/ . As for marriages in Ontario it all depends on the year you want. Check out Mary Crandall's web site Ontario Marriage Registrations at http://homepages.rootsweb.com/~maryc/thisisit.htm

I hope this info helps.

Re: Windsor location in Canada

Posted: 1 May 2004 4:27AM GMT
Edited: 24 Nov 2006 1:01AM GMT
There's also a Windsor in Quebec (Richmond County), just north of Sherbrooke. That's where my great-grandparents came from. Dennis

Posted: 30 Aug 2004 12:25AM GMT
Edited: 19 Dec 2012 2:11PM GMT
Windsor, Essex County, Ontraio, previously known as Sandwich is across the river (South) from the City of Detroit, Michigan.

Posted: 18 Dec 2012 10:50PM GMT
During the 1700s & early 1800s Michigan & Ontario were not the same lands as they are today. They were either subject to France or Britain. If you see Sandwich on your search, it was across the river from Detroit near Winsor, Ontario. Bordors were not defined as such so people traveled freely. Many French families may be found in Assomption Parish but records are in French. The priests usually kept good records, but their handwriting can be a problem. Best of luck. Barbara

Posted: 19 Dec 2012 5:37AM GMT
Surnames: HINES, FISHEr
What time frame are you researching ?
What are the names of the Bride and Groom?
? FISHER ? ? HINES
Regisrations of Marriage from Gove Vital Statistics Dept.

Have you searched the names at Family Search Org - online

cheers, Stella

Posted: 25 Jun 2013 1:57PM GMT
The Town of Windsor Quebec is about 20 miles north .N/W of Sherbrooke Quebec Canada and Sherbrooke is located about 60 miles North of the end of Interstate 91 in northern Vermont USA
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions