Search for content in message boards

Dr. Israel Skinner

Dr. Israel Skinner

Posted: 7 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 2 Jul 2001 11:58AM GMT
Surnames: Skinner, Saulsbury
Hello, I am looking for more information on Dr. Israel Skinner. He was born abt. 1776 and died 8 Dec 1848 at Madison, Dane Co., Wi. He was a twin to Jacob Skinner. It is rumored that he moved to Wisconsin from Pennsylvania. His wife was Amrtha (Patty) Saulsbury, they married 11 Sep 1804 in Deerpark, NY. Israel may be the father of my ancestor Samuel Skinner. I would appreciate any assistance that any one could offer me. Thank you, Tim

Re: Dr. Israel Skinner

Posted: 30 Jun 2009 5:23PM GMT
Classification: Biography
Edited: 1 Jul 2009 2:11PM GMT
Surnames: Skinner
I am seeking information about Israel and Jacob Skinner who lived on a farm in Susquehanna,PA area (Palmyra, Harmony) in1830's. Legend indicates that Joseph Smith, the Morman prophet, found the "Golden Tablets" on the farm.
Also Jacob wrote a history of the War of 1812 (pretty awful).Are we seeking the same Israel Skinner?

Posted: 2 Mar 2013 9:40PM GMT
Are you still looking for information on Israel Skinner? I found a document from 1838 from the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, issued by Israel Skinner to a James H. Smith, that is a summons to appear before Charles Dimon, Justice of the Peace, to settle a debt.

This document was in a small wooden box that my father had kept.

Thank you.

Posted: 2 Mar 2013 9:55PM GMT
p.s. The document also list the township of Great Bend in the county of Susquahanna, Pa. It is a one page form that is filled in by hand, with signatures and some hand written notes on the back.

Posted: 27 Jun 2014 2:38AM GMT
i think we are lookingfor thr same isreal
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions