Search for content in message boards

DILL - Vermont > Indiana > Iowa > Kansas 1800s

DILL - Vermont > Indiana > Iowa > Kansas 1800s

Posted: 27 Jun 2006 3:44PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 29 Jun 2006 2:33AM GMT
Surnames: DILL, BOWEN
In the KS 1880 census for Cherokee County, there is a John S. DILL b. abt 1829 IN (wife Meribee BOWEN, I believe) who lists his parents as b. VT and SC. Who were the parents of John S. DILL and who were his siblings? I am trying to connect John S. with George W. b. 1824 IN. They lived near one another in IA 1860. By 1880 John S. was in Cherokee Co., KS and while George W. may have been deceased by then, his family (#2) were in Crawford Co., Arkansas, not so very far away. I welcome even the smallest of clues!

Re: DILL - Vermont > Indiana > Iowa > Kansas 1800s

Pamela Gibson (View posts)
Posted: 1 Aug 2006 2:35PM GMT
Edited: 2 Aug 2006 1:56PM GMT
Surnames: DILL
Since writing the original message about John S. DILL and the possible link to my George W. DILL, I've learned George did not have a second family in Crawford, Co. Arkansas. I wish to correct the information.

Re: DILL - Vermont > Indiana > Iowa > Kansas 1800s

Posted: 7 Nov 2006 11:46PM GMT
Edited: 8 Nov 2006 12:04PM GMT
Surnames: DILL
Because the ancestor names are the same as my ancestors I am responding. My great grand father was John Strange Dill of Edgar Co., IL and his son, my grand father, was George Washington Dill who lived in Crawfordsville, IN. I will be happy to be of further help is this is the right line of Dills. George
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions