Search for content in message boards

Mannie Gunn, Sr

Mannie Gunn, Sr

Posted: 24 Feb 2003 9:16PM GMT
Classification: Query
My grandmother was Lexie Mae Gunn Smith her father was Mannie Gunn and her mother was Carrie Thigpen Gunn or Christine Doyle Gunn. I am trying to find any information on Mannie Gunn ,Sr and his parents and thier parents, etc. They were living in Gadsden County, FL or Quincy, FL. IF you have any relatives that may be related and may have information please e-mail me. I am trying to do our family geneology and trying to go as far back as possible. Also trying to btter understand our family history please help.

Re: Mannie Gunn, Sr

Posted: 29 Jun 2006 4:50PM GMT
Surnames: Gunn, Doyle, Thigpen
My great grandfather was also Mannie Gunn, Sr. My grandfather (Ivery Gunn) and your grandmother were brother and sister.

I too have had a hard time finding out much about the parents of Mannie Gunn, Sr. Christina Doyle Gunn who died sometime before 1920. Mannie is married to Christina per the 1910 census, he is widowed in the 1920 census, and married to Carrie per the 1930 census. I do not know for sure what year your grandmother was born in, 1917? But her birth mother was probably Christina but she was raised by Carrie Thigpen Gunn.

Kim (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jun 2006 7:17PM GMT
I have copies of two marriage licenses for Mannie Gunn, Sr.One to Carrie Thigpen and Christina Doyle (grandmothers mother) I know some of the births and deaths of my grandmother Lexie Mae siblings and parents. I also have some info on my grandmothers nieces and nephews.
What is your name?
I am Ollie Mae oldest daughter. Ollie Mae is Lexie Mae daughter she is one of 12 grandmother had my e-mail address is kimsrainbow@tds.net if you want to contact me I also created a geneaolgy worksheet to pass out to ALL RELATIVES for them to fill out. When you e-mail me I will send it to you

Posted: 19 Apr 2009 5:42PM GMT
Good Afternoon!!

I too, am in the process of doing my family history search and I may have some information for you. You mentioned Mannie Gunn? I had a talk with my grandmother, Christine Wallace, daughter of Zellie Jordan Gunn of Gasden/Quincy, FL. She gave me a list of names in which, a "Manny' Gunn was mentioned. This individual is related to Dan Gunn and I believe (i'm not 100% sure) that Manny's father's name may be Merrit Jordan. But I do have Thigpen's listed in my family history too. Please feel free to contact me. My primary email address is ctbabyma07@aol.com

Thanks and good luck!!

Posted: 29 Nov 2009 2:06AM GMT
Hi,

Christina Gunn was the niece of my grandfather, Cupid A. Whitfield. Cupid and Christina's mother, Mary Elizabeth Doyle, were brother and sister. Please feel free to contact me. I have been trying to find out what happened to the children of Centilla Doyle, who was Christina's sister. Please feel free to contact me.

Jeri Waters

Posted: 30 Nov 2009 7:10PM GMT
to jeriwaters
i am at a stand still. i am trying to get my grandmothers Lexie Mae Gunn's information about her mother and father. i have visited census reports online with little or no information about mannie or christina. i have one great aunt living her name is ruby still living in quincy, fl. i will be visiting her in december. check gadsden county rercords for census and marriage records that's how i got started. thanks for the names you gave. i will inquire about them to family members. My name is Kim. I am Ollie Mae's oldest daughter and the granddaughter of the late Lexie Mae Gunn Smith

Posted: 31 May 2012 3:20PM GMT
Edited: 31 May 2012 3:21PM GMT
Surnames: Gunn, Doyle, Isaac
Any more research done? I'm at a standstill of where to go before Mannie Gunn, Sr.

What about Christina Doyle Gunn and her parents?

-------------------------------------------------

My mother (Lynda Gunn Neal) is the daughter of Ruthie Isaac & Ivery Gunn.

Posted: 31 May 2012 4:06PM GMT
I am at a standstill too. Our family reunion is in july and in Quincy. I plan to talk with my grandmother's sister Essie. Will keep you posted.

Posted: 31 May 2012 6:18PM GMT
Surnames: Gunn, Isaac
My mother (Lynda) is the daughter of Ivery Gunn & Ruthie Isaac. I'm going to sit down with my mom this weekend and try to get her to recall as much information as she can.

I'd like to talk to you more about what you find. Please keep me posted!

Posted: 31 May 2012 6:53PM GMT
will do!! I have the census reports, marriage certificates for both marriages between Mannie Gunn Sr and Christine Doyle and Carrie Thigpen. That's it, nothing concrete on him and his fbirth parents or where they came from. We have another older cousin that lives here in Georgia named Dock Oats I am visiting him next week. Most definetly will keep you posted on my findings. I plan to have a book published.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic