Search for content in message boards

Franciszek Jaklewicz

Franciszek Jaklewicz

Noreen Smith (View posts)
Posted: 28 May 2002 4:37PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Jaklewicz, Batog
Does anyone have information on the Jaklewicz name? F. Jaklewicz came to America in 1906. Supposedly smuggled out of Poland as he was an active member of a resistance group. Sofia Batog followed him to America two years later and they married. Immigration records are falsified. Appreciate any leads.

Re: Franciszek Jaklewicz

Posted: 16 Jan 2003 12:46AM GMT
Surnames: Jaklewicz
I am helping a friend with the last name of Jaklewicz who is looking for other relatives in the United States. He is descended from the family of Mieczyslaw Jaklewicz who also was said to have been smuggled out of Poland via Russia. It sounds like he must be from the same family. If you would like to contact me I will put you in touch with him.
Reed Schmidt
Lynnwood Washington
E-mail: reed1212@earthlink.net

Robert Jaklewicz (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jan 2003 8:59PM GMT
Surnames: jaklewicz
My last name is Jaklewicz, my grandfather (Miecislaw A. Jaklewicz) also came to this country through Russia in 1906.I and my brother Richard live in Washington,and we have a cousin Donald in Oregon.

Noreen Smith (View posts)
Posted: 21 Jan 2003 6:01PM GMT
Edited: 1 Sep 2003 11:56PM GMT
Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, I am currently in Seattle, WA and will return home on Feb. 9th. Anxious to converse more on the Jaklewicz information after the 9th. This may be the key we needed. I welcome all contacts.

Posted: 22 Jan 2003 4:28AM GMT
Edited: 1 Sep 2003 11:55PM GMT
Noreen, Thank you for your reply. I cannot believe you are in Seattle at this time. My friend Dick Jaklewicz and his brother Bob and myself live about ten miles north of Seattle. When I told him about your message he asked me to relay his phone number to you. I don't know if I should post it here but I will take that chance. If you see this please call him at 425-672-6918. He would love to converse with you.
Reed Schmidt
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions