Search for content in message boards

Hancock Porter's Son Shadrach Union SC

Hancock Porter's Son Shadrach Union SC

Posted: 21 Jun 2013 7:25PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 21 Jun 2013 7:29PM GMT
Surnames: Porter
Hello. I am descended from William B. Porter and Jane porter who moved from union to Cherokee South Carolina and were there in 1860. William died and Jane moved with two sons, Monroe and William E., to Baker, Howard, arkansas. Monroe's son william Frank was my grandfather.

I understand there are documents that state that Hancock, born 1742, had a son shadrach. I also understand that he had a will that mentions Shadrach's children. I would appreciate any info on this link.

xsquid1@hotmail.com

Thank you
Jerry Porter

Re: Hancock Porter's Son Shadrach Union SC

Posted: 28 Jul 2013 8:12PM GMT
I would have to look back, but I think the 1840 Union County, SC census shows Hancock Porter as 92 written in on the back. There is the Revolution War pensions showing the last payment and mentions Mary Porter as Hancock Porter's wife. I don't think there was a will but in 1837 Hancock Porter deeded 240 acres in trust to his son Shadrack Porter's children. There are later deeds with the names. William B. Porter was in Cherokee, AL in 1860.
Bob Porter

Posted: 29 Jul 2013 12:54AM GMT
Thank You Bob, you are very appreciated.

Posted: 26 Aug 2013 2:00AM GMT
Surnames: Shadrach
Jerry, you did get this information from me, did y0ou not? just checking.

Posted: 29 Aug 2013 1:22PM GMT
I did get some, but I got extra from BOB. Just saying.

Posted: 29 Aug 2013 1:51PM GMT
Hello Jerry,

The information that I sent you came from Bob and also one other person. Bob believes as I do Hezekiah Porter is not Hancock's son. Hancock had several children among them is probably a John, and a william. He had Nancy josephine who married a HOlcomb. Just saying.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions