Search for content in message boards

William C. Wilson,b.1823 in Pointe Coupee

William C. Wilson,b.1823 in Pointe Coupee

Posted: 26 May 2004 4:37PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: WILSON,YOUST
I am looking for anyone researching or connected to William Christy WILSON, b.1823 in Pointe Coupee and married to Elizabeth YOUST 4Dec1849 in Pointe Coupee. William was a physician and by 1880 they were in New Orleans. In 1893 William applied to the Sons of the Revolution and gave his age as 70. Would like to find any information about this couple and/or descendants.
Carolyn

Re: William C. Wilson,b.1823 in Pointe Coupee

Jewell (View posts)
Posted: 2 Dec 2006 8:53PM GMT
Elizabeth Yoist was an ancestor of my family. I have very little info about him, but a good bit about the Yoist family. Please contact me if you are interested.

Posted: 18 Jul 2011 2:51AM GMT
I have researched the Yoast/Yoist name, and have info on Elizabeth's line. I do not believe they ever had children.
please email if you receive this and have questions.
tmyoast@yahoo.com

Posted: 18 Jul 2011 5:49PM GMT
Surnames: WILSON,YOUST,CHRISTY
Thank you for the response. I have done further research since that posting and did learn that Wm.and Elizabeth did not have any children. I have a death/obit. notice for both of them from the New Orleans newspapers. If anyone is interested in seeing that I am willing to email them a copy. I also have the S.A.R.(Sons of the Revolution) application filed by William C. Wilson, M.D. His grandfather(also my fourth great-grandfather)was in the 6th Pa regiment which was later reorganized as the 7th continental regiment. He was a captain and was at Valley Forge and was also wounded in the Battle of Paoli.
I am interested in hearing from anyone who has any info. on William's father, Elliott Wilson. Esp. when and how he died and where he is buried. All I know is that it was Arkansas before 1835.
Carolyn

Posted: 18 Jul 2011 7:09PM GMT
I would indeed love to see the obits.
good luck in AR - I have only found lousy records there - might be the counties in which I researched.
thanks, theo

Posted: 18 Jul 2011 7:56PM GMT
Surnames: WILSON,YOUST,CHRISTY
If you will send me your email address I will do that. I can't send them through ancestry.
Carolyn

Posted: 23 Aug 2012 6:58PM GMT
didn't get your reply, sorry. if not too late, my email
is tmyoast@yahoo.com. still searchin. theo
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions