Search for content in message boards

help from england please!

help from england please!

Posted: 11 Dec 2010 4:53PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello,
One of my relatives was Rupert Arnold Davey born 88 in Australia, he appears as a son of Henry and Sophia Davey living in london England , in the 1891 and 1901 English Census, but differing from all the family he was born in Australia.
I think he may have come to Cananda , as a Rupert A Davey born Australia appears on the Canadian Passenger Lists , although i guess he sails from England.
I haven't got the subscription for this and was looking for help to see if anyone can find him on the lists and who he is travelling with.
Thanks very much
Emma

Re: help from england please! DAVEY, Rupert Arnold

Posted: 11 Dec 2010 10:02PM GMT
Surnames: DAVEY
Hi, Always Best to enter the surname of Interest on the Subject Line - in Capital Letters, Names catch attention - and make finding the message much easier should information be found.

You are searching for Rupert Arnold DAVEY - born 1888? in Australia
Son of: Henry and Sophia DAVEY.
Appears in 1891 - 1901 Census for England.

When does he appear on Canadian Passenger Lists.?
Do you have information about his parents Henry & Sophia DAVEY - did they stay in England. Pass away? When? Where?
There may have been obits.

Did Rupert Arnold DAVEY return to England - or settled in Canada ? if so? When? Where?

Cheers & Good Luck, Stella

Re: help from england please!

Posted: 12 Dec 2010 1:21PM GMT
I checked the passenger lists and he is traveling alone and just visiting the country. He does make an entry into the U.S, again visting--see line 14 in attachment.
Dave
Attachments:

Posted: 12 Dec 2010 2:12PM GMT
thanks so much Dave, that's great, i'll continue the research !
Emma

Re: help from england please! DAVEY, Rupert Arnold

Posted: 12 Dec 2010 2:14PM GMT
Thanks for that Stella,
I haven't got the subscription to see the Canadian Passenger Lists, it just tells me he is on them.
It doesn't appear that any other member of the family went to Canada, but i'll keep searching !
Emma

Posted: 12 Dec 2010 4:52PM GMT
I know this is a long shot but nothing ventured, nothing gained. I have access to Canadian records but not UK records.
Since you are researching Davey, I have just this week found out that my aunt Freda Lewis, nee Davey, was born "somewhere in England" according to her son. Her birth date was July 10 1912. She came to Canada and married Prosser Lewis in North Vancouver, British Columbia. They later moved to Seattle, Washington.
Any chance you can help?
Dave

Re: help from england please! LEWIS nee DAVEY, Freda

Posted: 13 Dec 2010 1:52AM GMT
Surnames: LEWIS, DAVEY
Hi Dave,
Per: U.S.Social Security Index - shows
Freda V. LEWIS age 80 b July 10 1912 -dcd April 17 1993'
SS issued Washington State. Last address Tucson[Pima] Arizona.
Information can be ordered.

When did Freda DAVEY - marry Prosser LEWIS - in North Vancouver BC?

Registration of Marrige - Long form Marriage Certificate
is one of the more accurate documents.since information comes directly from the persons involved.
Name, Residence, Age [not birth date] Place of Birth
Occupation. Names of Parents - including maiden name of Mother - Place of birth of parents. Occupation of father.
Religion. Date and place of marriage - by banns or licence
Names of witnesses - religios service - name of Clergy
Cost is $ 50 - from Govt of British Columbia Vital Statistics Dept - in Victoria BC
*Access may be easier for the son to obtain.

Searched Free BMD site - with 0 results for Freda DAVEY

Cheers, Stella

Re: help from england please! LEWIS nee DAVEY, Freda

Posted: 13 Dec 2010 12:56PM GMT
Thank you for your efforts Stella.
The importance of asking questions while your relatives are still alive.
Dave

Posted: 13 Dec 2010 12:57PM GMT
Hello Dave,
I see from the previous answer that Free BMD shows nothing for this date, the only Freda Davey on FreeBMD close is a Freda M Davey born Jan-Feb-Mar 1912 in Colchester , mothers maiden name Munson, so a few months earlier than your July birthday.
Do you have a copy of Fredas marriage record to Prosser Lewis ? on English marriage records the fathers name and occupaton are listed. If you had Freda's fathers name and occupation, i can do a search for him, as Freda is your aunt , her sibling is your direct link, where were they born here, if so what is their name, and other siblings names ? does thier records contain thier parents names ?
Also , if you have a record of Freda's passage, does it contain her English address ?
Let me know and i'll have a look
Regards
Emma

Posted: 13 Dec 2010 4:07PM GMT
Thank you for your offer of help. I have emailed my cousin (Freda's son) to see if he or his sister can come up with more info.
I don't know if Freda came to Canada alone or with family.
Freda married my mother's brother, Prosser Lewis. Freda and Prosser were married in Vancouver and had two children born in North Vancouver. My grandparents, parents, and myself are all from North Vancouver.
I will post again if I gather new info.
Many thanks.
Dave
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions