Search for content in message boards

James Albert Carroll, Jr.

James Albert Carroll, Jr.

Posted: 25 Feb 2007 2:39AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Carroll
James Albert Carroll, Jr. was born on Mar. 27, 1890 in Brunswick (Glynn Co.), GA. As of 1927, he lived in Denver, CO. On Mar. 25, 1927, he joined the Sons of the American Revolution, on behalf of the service of his Revolutionary War ancestor, Jesse Carroll.

James Carroll died on Apr. 30, 1966 in Santa Barbara, CA.

I am seeking a copy of his obituary.

Re: James Albert Carroll, Jr.

Posted: 25 Feb 2007 5:08PM GMT
Surnames: Carroll, Gavin,
I am interested in knowing more about your James Albert Carroll, Jr.
You mentioned RS, Jesse Carroll.
I descend from RS,Jesse Carroll, Duplin co, NC and Mary Rachel Gavin.
Please contact me.
Jackie Purdy, Shingle Springs,CA.

Posted: 25 Feb 2007 6:10PM GMT
Thanks for writing. I'm not related to James Albert Carroll, Jr. I am the Membership Secretary & Registrar, of the Kansas Society, Sons of the American Revolution (KSSSAR). James Carroll was one of our earlier members & I am trying to update the society's database.

Anyhow, his RW ancestor was the same Jesse Carroll that you mentioned in your response.

Timothy E. Peterman
Membership Secretary & Registrar
KSSSAR

Posted: 25 Feb 2007 6:34PM GMT
Would you please contact me at jackiepurdy@comcast.net.
I joined the DAR, in October 1999, using Jesse Carroll as my Patriot. Would like to ask you a couple questions, if you don't mind. Thanks, Jackie Purdy

Posted: 4 Nov 2012 1:07AM GMT
The James Albert Carroll you referenced from Kansas was the father of James Albert Carroll Jr. and my uncle
The Kansas member ship cit was Independence
James Carroll worked for Parrie Oil and Gas, later Sinclair Oil
James Carroll Jr. worked for Pan American Oil as its Treasurer later Standard Oil
Regards,
Allen M. Oliver

Posted: 4 Nov 2012 1:29AM GMT
Surnames: Carroll, Gavin
The reason I was interested in James Albert Carroll, was that he was a discendant of Jesse Carroll RS, I have been and still trying to find out who the father of Jesse Carroll
was, and when he might have ocme to this country. Over the years we have (those working on Jesse lineage) that the William Carroll of Granville co.NC was not Jesse father.
I am still to this day searching for his parents.
Since you are related to James Albert Carroll we are distant cousins. Have you any info on Jesse Carroll?Thanks for the e-mail. Jackie Purdy, California

Posted: 4 Nov 2012 1:21PM GMT
Wish I could help but I do not have any documents in that regard.
I was a member of the Sons of the American Revolution and I uased Carroll for the membership entry. I lost interest and let my membership lapse. Thorugh your DAR membership you might be able to access my data with the SAR. My membership was listed vis Allen M. Oliver.
Good Luck!

Posted: 4 Nov 2012 2:14PM GMT
Allen M. Oliver's National number was 126990. You can order a record copy of his application from NSSAR for $10. Go to www.sar.org for more information.

Timothy Peterman
Registrar & Membership Secretary
KSSSAR

Posted: 4 Nov 2012 4:19PM GMT
Thanks for the info Timothy. You helped me in the past when I was first looking for JA Carroll.
Since then my husband has joined SAR, using his relative
Silas Purdy of PA. Thanks again, Jackie Purdy
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions