Search for content in message boards

Sedore Family History

Sedore Family History

Grace Jewell (View posts)
Posted: 10 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
If you have Sedores in your Canadian ancestry, you may be interested in the following:

Sedore Family History, Volume 1 of a planned four-volume history

Volume 1 traces the descendants of Coonradt Sedore (New York ~1734-~1810) and Antje Bouckhout through four sons
Isaac (came to Canada), Stephen, Frederic and Jacob and their grandchildren, and mentions his great grandchildren,
whose biographies will appear in future volumes. Eventually 10,000 descentdants and about 6,000 of their spouses.

Sedore was a very unique name in early Ontario, and the vast majority of Sedores can probably trace their name back to
Coonradt.

If you would like more details about the book please email me direct. It's published in the States,
and my connection to this is that one of my husband's gggrandmothers was a Sedore.

Re: Sedore Family History

Posted: 4 Jan 2002 3:11AM GMT
Surnames: Sedore, Thompson, Barnhart
My husbands great-grandmother was Phoebe Sedore, daughter of John and Margaret Sedore. nee: Margaret Thompson.

Phoebe was born in the Dominion of Canada, about 1826, and she married Jacob Barnhart. Jacob died in Canada in the spring of 1853. They had three sons, Leman, Noah and William. Phoebe came to Mecosta County, Michigan in 1860 and married George McGill, date unknown.

There is an old stone at Quigley Cemetery, which shows John and Margaret Sedore which date back to the eighteen century. I believe these are Phoebe parents. I have pictures of it. It is located up on top of the hill, buried in a lilac bush.

Do you have any information on Phoebe or Jacob Barnhart?
My e-mail address is: hershe2@msn.com

Thank you

Posted: 23 Mar 2003 3:27PM GMT
Edited: 20 Aug 2004 12:32AM GMT
No relation to the Sedore's, but my Mother's family name is Bouckhout. Does the book tell any thing about her family?

Posted: 12 Feb 2006 3:40AM GMT
Edited: 12 Feb 2006 3:35PM GMT
Surnames: Sedore, Gunn
Hi, My name is Lauren , My Grandmother on my Dads side was Anna H. Sedore.born in 1896 in Canada. Married Bruce Gunn in Canada. Moved to Michigan in 1923. I would like to buy the book if you can tell me hoe. Thanks , Lauren

Posted: 12 Feb 2006 2:52PM GMT
The book is available from Willow Bend Books:
http://www.willowbend.net//search.asp?page=451&SearchTyp...=

I checked my copy, and this volume only goes as far as Coonrad's grandchildren - basically births up to the 1850's.

Anna H. isn't listed.

Lauren (View posts)
Posted: 23 Feb 2006 2:05AM GMT
Edited: 23 Feb 2006 4:34AM GMT
Surnames: Sodore
Thank you for looking. I am finding a little information about her but it is slow going.

Posted: 26 Jan 2008 12:07AM GMT
Hello,
I'm not sure you got the info you were looking for but, I have quite a lot on this family. I'm not sure you are aware of it but there were more than 3 sons. In addition to Leman, Noah & William, there were 2 daughters, Margaret and Fanny and a son, John.
Please contact me at PixieSchultz@verizon.net for more info. I would be happy to share. Also, you can review my tree on ancestry.
Hope to talk to you in the near future.
Gail

Posted: 19 Feb 2008 8:11PM GMT
Surnames: Sedore, Forhan, Raymond
I am Paul Joseph Forhan B 1941 newmarket son of leo and cecilia. Leo son of Patrick son of Michael all located in the area just north of main st across from Davis Drive. My father's brother Edward better known as Ted married Cecilia Eviline Sedore daughter of William Sedore and Rose Hodgins in !913. One of his Daughters Mary married James Raymond and there are still descendents there today. Robert (BoB ) Forhan would be my first cousin. I now reside in Inverness N.S..
Paul Forhan

Posted: 8 Mar 2008 8:40PM GMT
Surnames: Hodgins, Sedore, Forhan
Hello Paul Forhan,

Regarding your aunt Cecilia Sedore Forhan, I am related too. Cecilia's mother, Rose Hodgins, was my gr-gr-aunt.

Do you know when, where or how William Sedore died?

I have a studio photo which my mother believes to be Cecilia with her grandparents, Michael Hodgins & his 2nd wife Alice Dermody. The little girl looks to be about 4-7 years old.

I've heard that after William Sedore died, Rose was unable to care for daughters Cecelia & Alice Maud. Cecelia was enumerated with her Hodgins grandparents in 1911 census, and was an heir in Michael Hodgins' will.

I have another photo dated after WWII of Herbert Hodgins (grandson of Michael), his wife, his sister-in-law and two young men with very curly hair whom my mother says were named FORHAN.

I'd love to correspond with you about the Forhans & Sedores.
Sincerely,
Laurie

Posted: 10 Mar 2008 1:13PM GMT
Surnames: Hodgins, Dermody
Good morning,
Alice Dermody Hodgins is/was/would be my first cousin thrice removed (this would make her grandfather and my g-g-g-grandfather the same fellow).
Could you tell me who Michael Hodgins' first wife would have been?
Thank you muchly,
-Melissa D. Matt
per page

Find a board about a specific topic