Search for content in message boards

Stamper/Turner/Hogg

Stamper/Turner/Hogg

Pamela Stamper-Fitch (View posts)
Posted: 17 Oct 2002 1:23AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Stamper, Turner
Trying to find information on Great-great grandmother & family. Her name was Margaret P. Stamper b. 1849 d. ? dau. of Joel Stamper b. 9-19-1804 Wilkes Co., NC. d. 6-23-1891 in Breathitt Co., KY & Mary 'Polly' 'Turner' Stamper b. 1814 Wilkes Co., N.C. d. ?? She met a Berry Turner and had a son Sigel Stamper (my great-grandfather) b. 10-8-1877 BCKY. d. 12-12-1935 Jackson, KY. Sigel was shot in the back at a place called The Bloody Bucket on old Ky 15 in Jackson, KY. On his death certi. it list his full name as Sirgel Herald Stamper son of Margaret Turner and a Boss Hogg? Margaret also had a daughter name Mary b.1879 I'm not for sure yet who her father was. Margaret married a William Turner in Dec. 10, 1881 in BCKY and they had 3 children: Katey Turner b. Dec 1882, Malinda Turner b. July 1889 and William Turner, Jr. b. March 1890. I'm trying to find out what happen to Margaret P. Stamper Turner and who is Boss or Ross ? Hogg (not sure about the spelling, it was kind of hard to read) that is listed on Sigel's death certificate. A Sheriff named Bob Collurs of Jackson, KY. was the one who filled out his death Certif. so that must be why there are mistakes made. Also would like to find out what happen to Mary and the other siblings. Would love to talk and exchange information with anyone from this line.

Thank you in advance,
Pam :-)
Pamela Stamper-Fitch
psfitch@insightbb.com

Re: Stamper/Turner/Hogg

Barry Turner (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jan 2003 3:56PM GMT
The Berry Turner you refer to was William "Big Berry Turner" born 1853 to Henry and Elizabeth Turner. I am his last living son. I was born in February, 1939 in Crockettsville, KY. Would love to communicate with you. I am in the process of writing a book about my father.

Posted: 29 Dec 2008 2:54AM GMT
I am returning to searching my Stamper line. Haven't searched for several years. Still trying to trace my Great Grandmothers Mary Gibbs' parents. Her death certificate stated her mother as Margaret Stamper and her father as Daniel Griffith. Her brother was Sigel Stamper. Are you familiar with these names in your line?

Posted: 4 Jan 2009 2:19AM GMT
Hi Jeanne, long time, I tried to get a hold of you years ago and where unable too. We had traded some info. in the past. My great grandfather Sigel is a sister to your Mary. I believe Mary's father was David Daniel Griffith. Below is some info. on him.

Pam Stamper-Fitch
psfitch@insightbb.com

1. DAVID DANIEL2 GRIFFITH (THOMAS1) was born Mar 1830 in Clay Co., KY, and died Bet. 1900 - 1910. He married (1) ISABELLE TURNER Abt. 1849, daughter of ROGER TURNER and ELLEN SEBASTIAN. She was born 1828 in Perry Co., KY., and died Bef. 1879. He married (2) NANCY TURNER 24 Apr 1879 in Breahitt Co., KY., daughter of THOMAS TURNER and NANCY BUTTREY. She was born Sep 1825 in Kentucky, and died Bet. 1900 - 1910.

Notes for DAVID DANIEL GRIFFITH:
In 1850 Breathitt Co., KY census #34-334 Griffith, Daniel 20 M. Farmer, KY. Isabel, 22, F, KY. Emilia, 1/12,F.

In 1860 Breathitt Co,. KY census lived at house #144/144 (lived closed to Joel & Mary Stamper house #154/155 parents of Margaret P. Stamper & Elizabeth Stamper, Elizabeth was married to David Sebastian they lived at house #157/157 they had a daughter name Nancy who married Dan Griffith's son Boyd).

In 1870 Crockettville, BCKY census lived at house #38/38.

In 1880 Crockettville, BCKY census lived at house #364 with Nancy age 54 KNN and Ellender 94 NNN (Mother) (old age) (Wid), Elizabeth 49 KNN (sister-in-law) single. ( Joel & Matilda Stamper live at house #474 brother of Margaret P. Stamper she was living with them at this time with 2 children Sigel 2 & Mary 6 mos. & Joel Sr. 72 NNN (father) (Wid).)

In 1900 Crockettsville, BCKY census live at house #197.

( I believe this to be the same Daniel Griffith that had an affair with Margaret P. Stamper, they had a daughter together name Mary.)

Posted: 4 Apr 2009 12:28AM GMT
I am so on a mission to find Margaret Stamper Turners death date and burial place. Let me tell you the Stamper Turner families are something else. Absolutly no imagination for naming their children. I am getting very mixed info on both Margaret and William Turner---do you have any info on him? My sister and I got to go to Sigels gravesite last winter. Had a blast. Going to go again this summer sometime and do more searching. Want to be better prepared next time. So easy to get side tracted though. Went to Frankfort and saw the actual transcripts of the murder trial of Sigels. Again though-what info do you have on Margaret?

Posted: 23 Apr 2009 1:30AM GMT
Hi Jeane,
I've been searching for years trying to find where she is buried at. I know she was alive in the 1930 census living with her son. But cannot find a death cert. on her. She might be buried in the Snowden Cem. but unable to confirm that. I will send the information on her to you direct. There is too much to paste here. Good luck, if you find out where she is buried at please let me know, and I will do the same for you.

Did you get the information written down on the transcript on Sigel? Could I please have that information also.

Thank you,
Pam Stamper-Fitch
(Sigel's great granddaughter).
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions