Search for content in message boards

Enniskillen

Enniskillen

Posted: 7 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 20 Jan 2003 6:29AM GMT
Surnames: Whittaker
Thomas Whittaker and wife Lavina were married abut 1853 in Enniskillen and both died there in the mid 1870's. They had a son John Francis, who in turn had a son, Francis John. Parish of Devenish, Drumarow and Leighen mentioned.

McBrien

Posted: 25 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 1 Jul 2001 11:59AM GMT
Surnames: Cassidy, Flanagan, McCaffrey, Love
Dolores, Who were Lavina McBrien's parents, and what townland was she from?
I have McBriens in Derrygonnelly area, too.

Re: Thomas Whittaker

Dolores Whittaker (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: WHITTAKER, McBRIEN, CROWE
My husband is the Gt Grandson of Thomas Whittaker and Lavina McBrien of Loughan, Derrygonnelly, Co Fermanagh. Lavina died 21 February 1886 Aged 62. Their Son Robert b: 4 June 1863 married firstly Lavina Crowe daughter of John Crowe.
Thomas Whittaker was the Son of a John Whittaker of Tullyskeherny, Parish of Rossinver Co Leitrim - born about 1790 and I have a family tree showing hundreds of his descendants in Ireland, England, Scotland and America.

McBrien

Posted: 26 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Whittaker, McBrien, Crowe, Saunders
Janet, Sorry I have not been able to trace who was the father of Lavinia McBrien who married Thomas Whittaker. I have checked all marriages from 1845 but will try various spellings of the name. Thank you for getting in touch and look forward to exchanging information with you. Dolores

McBrien

Posted: 27 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Whittaker, McBrien, Crowe, Saunders
Hello Janet,

I have searched for a marriage between Thomas Whittaker and Lavinia McBrien from 1845 without success but will try various spellings of their names. Can you supply me with details of your McBrien connection i.e. Christian names, dates, townlands etc? Dolores.
Posted: 26 Jun 2002 3:38PM GMT
Edited: 8 Jul 2002 7:01PM GMT
Surnames: McBrien and Donaldson
I am trying to trace the parentage of Anne McBrien 1836-1885 who married George Donaldosn 1831-1873 - Farm and Corn Mill & Kiln owner from Cloghore Ballyshannon - 5 mins from Belleek.

Anne is featured in http://www.mccaskie.org.uk/Belleek.htm

Maybe Derrygonnelly ties in? Any help appreciated

Heather

Re: Whittaker

Posted: 10 May 2003 11:24AM GMT
Surnames: Whittaker, Whitaker, Moore, Morrison
i would like to contact dolores about her information, but the posted email address fails. anyone have her current address?

contact

jwfam1234 @ aol.com (delete blank spaces)

i am seeking information about William Whittaker and Jane Morrison Irish families before they came to canada about 1852?  there is reportedly a civil marriage registration 10 Dec 1851 from Enniskillen. 

William Henry WHITTAKER, born abt 1831 in Ireland; died September 2, 1886 in Newtonville, Clarke Township, Ontario, Canada. He was the son of George WHITTAKER. About 10 Dec 1851 he married Jane Ann MORRISON, possibly in Enniskillen, Fermanagh, Ireland, civil registration. She was the daughter of John MORRISON and Ann MOORE.

Re: Thomas Whittaker

Posted: 15 Feb 2008 2:29PM GMT
Surnames: Whittaker, Williamson, Hassard
Hi, I'm from Northern Ireland and I've recently started work on my family tree. My grandmother is the Great-granddaughter of Thomas (John) Whittaker. Margo Whittaker came over a number of years ago and I was able to get large parts of the Whittaker side of the tree off her. Would it be possible for you to send me any marriage places and dates, and death dates and places please.

Re: McBrien

Posted: 29 Aug 2012 12:45PM GMT
Surnames: whittaker, Keon
Hi, Dolores, looking for help with finding marriage of Lavinia Whittaker to Keon, no first name available, Rossinver area. Thanks for giving this your consideration, Denis.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic