Search for content in message boards

Lemuel Gay

Lemuel Gay

Paul Gay (View posts)
Posted: 7 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Gay
Lemuel Gay lived in Machias, Maine, dob around 1801. He died in Vinalhaven, Maine c.1881. In particular I'm searching for parents and for a list of his children.
Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Lemuel Gay

Kim Des Planques (View posts)
Posted: 23 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT
Hello--it is very likely that your Lemuel Gay is connected to the descendents of John Gay of Dedham as Lemuel was a VERY prevalent name in the family. I'm descended from a different Lemuel from this bunch. I would really encourage you to get a copy of the article "David Gay (1739-ca. 1815) of Onslow, Nova Scotia and Lincolnville, ME which appeared in the National Genealogical Society Quarterly Vol 67 June 1979 pp84-97. Article is by Robert Anderson and is GREAT for sorting out this complicated family. I have the article retyped and can copy it into an e-mail if you give me your address. Hope this helps.
Kim

Re: Lemuel Gay

Kim Des Planques (View posts)
Posted: 12 Jul 2005 9:36PM GMT
Please note current email address.

Re: Lemuel Gay

Posted: 14 Mar 2013 8:16PM GMT
Surnames: Gay
To: Kim Des Planques
Query:
I am the g-g-grandson of Lemuel Gay-5 of Machias, Maine via George W. Gay-4, Charles H. Gay-3, Charles T. Gay-2, Richard A. Gay-1 (me). If possible could you email me a copy of the David Gay of Lincolnville text. I had a copy years ago from Robt Anderson, but loaned it out and never got it back. I have followed David Gay's traces in Nova Scotia and PEI, and back to Duck Trap, Maine in Rev.War days. You are right about so many Lemuels! As I recall Robt Anderson's books were of little help tracing my (Machias) Lemuel. I found and mailed Geo.W.Gay's death cert. to Anderson, but he had moved to S.L. City and went quiet. Thanks for any response. Richard Allan Gay, Blue Hill, Maine (find me at www.kryptos-cia.com)
per page

Find a board about a specific topic