Search for content in message boards

Torres: Mexico

Torres: Mexico

Carlos Yañez (View posts)
Posted: 30 Mar 2006 1:22AM GMT
Classification: Query
Jésus de la Torre and Ygnacia Torres had a son Juan Manuel born 23 May 1858 in Santiago, AGS. Juan Manuel was a carpenter by trade.

Manuel Tallabas and Ysabel Araujo had two children. Amalia born 1859 and Mariano born 1866. (It is not certain but I have reason to believe that this family originated in Encarnacion de Diaz, Jalisco, Mexico.)

Juan Manuel married Amalia in Rincon de Romos, AGS on 4 Aug 1882. They had two children. Mercedes, born 4 sep 1892 in Aguascalientes and Dolores.

Mercedes married Rosendo Yáñez on 25 Jan 1910. They migrated to the U.S. via El Paso, Texas in 1912. They had four children. Amelia, Onofre, Rosendo and David.

Re: Torres: Mexico

Posted: 21 Feb 2011 7:25PM GMT
Las Cruces NMex newspaper printed notice of will of Rosendo Yanez on 10-29-1969 listed Mercedes (wife) sons Carlos O, Rosendo, and dau. Amelia Y. Torres. This dau. is the wife of Rosendo Torres, son of Jesus Torres and Agustina Contreras. Rosendo and Amelia Yanez Torres, dau. Amelia Torres md Howard Goslin 6-25-1955 per the El Paso, Tex Herald Post. Mercedes Manuel Yanez's obit in the El Paso, Tex Herald Post shows she died 6-26-1973 having lived in El Paso 65 years. Survivors listed dau Amelia Torres, 2 sons, Rosendo L. and Carlos O. and 2 sisters Mrs. Dolores de la Torre and Mrs Carmen de la Torre of Mexico. Any info on Conteras connections in family will be appreciated.

Posted: 21 Feb 2011 8:26PM GMT
I need to speak with a member of that branch of the family. My family tree information lists Rosendo Torres' mother as Agustina del Castillo. Contreras is not on file.

Posted: 21 Feb 2011 8:56PM GMT
Have located Baptism Records for Jose Jesus Torres baptised 5-1-1890 San Fernando, mapimi, Durango, Mex. lists father as Jesus Martines Torres and mother Agustina Contreras. Have located Baptism Records for Maria Carmen Torres on 17 Oct 1892 listing Jesus Torres and Agustina Contreras. On daughter Sara Torres application for SS Card she lists Jesus Torres and Agustina Contreras as her mother and father. Her Death Certificate lists same mother and father.My email address thelmawaters@bellsouth.net The only Agustina Contreras I have found is a Baptism for Ma. Agustina Contreras 02 Sep 1871 Santiago Apostol, Mapmim, Durango, Mexico with Father Cipriano Contreras mother Ma. Ignacia Contreras (I would need more info to say for sure this is my Agustina Contreras)

Posted: 22 Feb 2011 6:13PM GMT
Surnames: Torres, Contreras, Martines
On the Texas Death notice 17 May 1937 El Paso, Tex. Jesus Torres' father is listed Vicente Torres b Mexico and mother Consolacion Guerrero b Mexico. On the Baptism record of Jose Jesus Torres, son of Jesus Martines Torres and Agustina Contreras. Speculation about Martines being perhaps a grand parent of Jesus Torres???

Posted: 14 Aug 2012 7:31PM GMT
Surnames: Torres, Silva, Garcia
Still need assistance in finding Cemetery Records for Agustina Contreras Torres, b. 1871 Mapimi, Durango, Mexico. Up until the 1940 Census she resided on Alameda Ave. in El Paso, Tex. Word is that in the 1950-1960 time period she returned to Mexico to be with her daughters, Carmen, Guadalupe, or Otelia. Carmen md Maria Maximo Garcia. Guadalupe md Garcia also and may have remained in El Paso, Texas. Otilia md Frollian Silva with dau. Otila b 1921, and possibly another dau. The daughters attended private school in San Antonio, Tex. and son Frollian Jr. b 1926 and had connection to Hacienda La Losa near Leon. Silva may have had a Shoe Factory.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions