Search for content in message boards

James Ketcherside Family

James Ketcherside Family

Posted: 27 Sep 2005 5:30AM GMT
Looking for James Ketcherside's first wife's name. Son , William, born in TN in 1828. Family in Dade County,GA census in 1840, Roll 40, Page 82. Other younger children shown in 1850 census as being born in GA. His first wife was Genette or Juanita and died in childbirth Dec. 1844. Would also like to learn Genette's maiden name.James remarried Mary Cartwright Brown in 1845, and they produced two more children. James born in N.C.; died in 1852 in GA or N.C. Thanks for any information.

Re: James Ketcherside Family

Posted: 14 May 2011 11:41PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: James Ketcherside Family
There are MANY James Ketchersides. I too am looking for our Jame's first wife, mother of William and several others. My g-grandmother was also their daughter, Minerva Patience and their mother died in childbirth December, 1844
The name we are not sure of - either Genette or Jeannette
Scarberry or Scarborough. James remarried the following
year to Mary Cartwright Brown. James and two daughters, Martha & Mary Ann died in 1852 of typhoid fever, and a son was kicked by a horse and killed. When the father died,your
William got guardianship of Minerva and Nancy and moved to Arkansas, Johnson County. You will find them in the 1860 AR
census/Minerva was living with them, and Nancy,listed as age 7, is in the household of a James Harris. The LDS Library told me the records for White County TN were burned in the Civil war. I have been looking for Genette or Jeannette, and have had no luck finding her. A researcher said her husband told her that in the south Scarborough was
usually pronouned as Scabbery.

Re: James Ketcherside Family

Posted: 12 Nov 2012 11:19PM GMT
Classification: Query
I have just entered several documents in re to the Ketcherside family. Minerva Patience married David C. Kesterson. You can view the David C. Kesterson tree online and find much information in re to your research. The info you go about the pronunciation for Scarborough must be correct because it was documented in family papers as spelled Scabbery. Interesting.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions