Search for content in message boards

John Collingwood Mckechnie

John Collingwood Mckechnie

Ronald John Saunders (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jan 2004 11:40AM GMT
Classification: Query
Family tradition says that a John Collingwood Mckechnie was a Heraldic Artist working for the Royal family in or around 1912/1913.How would I check the details?
Thanking you in anticipation for your help.
Ronald John Saunders

Re: John Collingwood Mckechnie

G2 (View posts)
Posted: 18 Jan 2004 1:19PM GMT
Gee, I'm sorry as that one is well outside my bailiwick - All I can suggest is an enquiry made of the Officer in Waiting at the College of Arms << enquiries@college-of-arms.gov.uk >> might prove more useful, but as some research would be required, might also attract a search fee. Good luck with it.

Re: John Collingwood Mckechnie

Posted: 21 Jun 2012 7:52PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi,
The heraldic artist is William McKechnie my great grandfather, born 24th August 1871. William married my great great grandmother Jessie Eliza Jones on 6th August 1899 in Westminster, the wedding certificate lists his father as John Mckechnie occupation - Coach Painter, (obviously a father to son trade) I have rare photo of William in Henty Potter Ltd. music workshops as he was their drum painter as well. William retired to West Drayton and painted many pub signs, (I have a newspaper cutting with photo's - one intriguing fact I have got nowhere with is a note in the photo "also featured is his beloved organ built by his great grandfather 200 years ago" - always facinated me that. - Anway happy to respond on this to anyone, mac@mckechnie1396.freeserve.co.uk
Mac McKechnie. (Rogan Collingwood McKechnie)
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions