Search for content in message boards

Andrew J. Hannah

Andrew J. Hannah

Deneise Hannah-Myers (View posts)
Posted: 6 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: HANNAH, DUNLAP, WEAVER, GAMBLE, WOOD, GEOGHAGAN
Andrew Jackson HANNAH was born 1817 near the Ohio River in Brown County. His first wife was Margaret C. DUNLAP (d/o Joseph "John" DUNLAP & Mary McADAMS), they were married in 1850. Andrew and Margaret's children were Joseph Mansfield HANNAH (m. Agnes WEAVER), William Edwin HANNAH (1852-1909, m. Sarah Jane GAMBLE in 1891, d/o Charles & Sarah JACKSON-GAMBLE, buried in Robinson Run Cemetery near Oakdale, PA), and Mary E. HANNAH (m. Dr. George BONE). These families lived in the Crafton, PA area now absorbed in Pittsburgh, PA.

My Great Grandfather, William Edwin HANNAH was born in North Fayette, Allegheny County, PA.

Sometime after Martha had died Andrew Jackson HANNAH married Martha Jane WEAVER (d/o John S. WEAVER and sister to Agnes WEAVER-Hannah), she was from Fauquier, VA area. Andrew and Martha had 10 children: Henry L., Andrew Gustave, James C., Ida, Allie, Agnes, Rachel, George Weaver, Blanch, and Estella.

Andrew moved his second family to KS in 1875. He lived in Ozark Township, Anderson County, Colony Postoffice, KS in 1885. And, in 1880 he is shown living in Ohio Township of Saline County.

Andrew was a Farmer, he may have had siblings named W. H. and Jane HANNAH.

In 1899, Martha WEAVER-HANNAH was living in Anderson County, KS when she signed her father's (John S. WEAVER) will.

William Edwin HANNAH & Sarah Jane GAMBLE's children were Frank GAMBLE (her son), Marion and William Edwin HANNAH.

William "Edwin" HANNAH was born in Cape Charles, VA in 1893. He married and divorced Bertha DAVIDSON, their children were Edna HANNAH-Carlson, Donald, and Richard HANNAH, the family lived in Evans City, PA area. Later Edwin married my Grandmother, Ruth WOOD (widow of Arthur Biggers), she was the d/o Henry Benjamin WOOD & Ella Catherine Francis SHANER. Edwin and Ruth had 6 children: Helen Gertrude, Dorothea Mae, Shirley Ann, Francis Dean "Hank" (Dad 1938-1996), Charles Elmer, and Marilyn HANNAH. This family lived in the Fairfax, VA area. Ruth and Arthur's son is Benjamin Keith BIGGERS.

I hope that I could hear from anyone that has this family in their database.

Thank you,
Deneise Hannah-Myers

Thank you,
Deneise Hannah-Myers

Re: Andrew J. Hannah

Posted: 19 Aug 2001 1:58AM GMT
Edited: 1 Feb 2002 7:53PM GMT
Hi Deneise,
I have the Dunlap, Mansfield, and McAdam names in Harrison Co., Ohio.
Peggy at peggywise@ecr.net

Deneise Hannah-Myers (View posts)
Posted: 25 Aug 2001 6:28AM GMT
Peggy,
I'd appreciate any information you have on these families, I appreciate the lead! Where is/was Harrison County, Ohio?

Thanks,
Deneise Hannah-Myers
craigndee@hotmail.com

Posted: 13 Jun 2012 3:43AM GMT
I've never checked these boards in years, I'm still at a standstill wit the same families. Thanks!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions