Search for content in message boards

Alexander-Boyd

Alexander-Boyd

Posted: 7 Nov 2012 11:51PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am looking for any information on my great grandmother who was Sarah(Sallie) Elizabeth Boyd. Her parents were Adeline Elizabeth Alexander who married Samuel Boyd. Any information on either family will be greatly appreciated.

Re: Alexander-Boyd

Posted: 10 Nov 2012 6:16PM GMT
Surnames: Boyd Alexander
I am not sure if there is any connection but I have an Alexander Boyd marriage as well. Ohio. Joseph F Alexander to Susan Boyd. 1838.

Posted: 12 Nov 2012 5:41PM GMT
I really dont know if there are any connection there. Sarah Elizabeth's father was Samuel Boyd born around 1838-1840. I dont know who his parents were. I am unable to find them. Samuel and his wife Elizabeth Alexander(maiden name) children's were William H Boyd, Mary M. Boyd, Jamer R. Boyd, George T. Boyd John E. Boyd and Sarah Elizabeth who is my great grandmother. They lived in Knoxville, TN in 1880 and then moved to Asheville(Buncombe COunty), NC. I found Sarah Elizabeth up until 1920's and then there are no other records of here in NC.

Posted: 20 Nov 2012 9:38PM GMT
Not sure if they are related. I will go back and look on the Alexander tree I have. Sarah E. Boyd would have been born around 1876-1878 and was married to John T. Hill. Her mother was Elizabeth A. Boyd. Thanks for the information.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions